PBEM Crash

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

SCAR

PBEM Crash

Post by SCAR »

My opponent sent his turn 4, and when I tried to load the turn, I get a crash as pictured below.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas? Anything we can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Attachments
WItECrash1.jpg
WItECrash1.jpg (90.48 KiB) Viewed 22 times
SCAR
uw06670

RE: PBEM Crash

Post by uw06670 »

Looks similar in symptoms to a crash I reported a few weeks ago (happens as soon as you select the game, but before the metadata has loaded) right after I started playing the game. If so morvael said he fixed my particular issue in 1.08.04 don't know if that will fix yours and of course its not available yet.

I had to back up to an earlier save and next time around it didn't happen.

Be interesting to know if your opponent can open the save game on his PC. Might have him go back to his last save and try again.

I'm not sure what kind of issues others have had with save games in WitE, but here is what I've done since running into the bug (based on experience with previous PC games and software testing in general) and haven't had any problems since then:
1. Before playing WitE I reboot my PC.
2. When saving a game, I always make a new save, I never save over the top of an existing save.

Good luck.
- Mark
SCAR

Post by SCAR »

Thanks for the info. My opponent reports he can not open it either, and gets the crash before it even tries to load. Must be corrupted data.
SCAR
morvael

Post by morvael »

Too bad it's a server game. The game should be working again on .04.

Return to “Tech Support”