How to get Supplies to inland Japanese Industries?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

anthonykevinluke

How to get Supplies to inland Japanese Industries?

Post by anthonykevinluke »

Morning,

Is there a proven method for getting enough supplies into inland Japanese cities like Gifu and Maebashi to expand and build their industries? I have upped the requested supply to the max but they hover around 4- 7000 supply points when I need 20000 (+) to build up chosen aircraft and engine factories. This has had no real change in some 30 days. So, is there a way to get the supply drawn into them???

Regards,

AKL
bartrat

RE: How to get Supplies to inland Japanese Industries?

Post by bartrat »

Make sure you have excess supplies on the main island. Then check if other bases requested supplies are set very high, that maybe causing the supplies to flow to them and not Gifu.
WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.
bigred

Post by bigred »

Jap cities have to have 10000 supply in each city for that city to expand factories or research. So U need to set all jap cities at start to + 10000 supply and then start your convoy resource runs from DEI and China to the home islands. I found distribution to be handled by the game engine with excess going to Tokyo. Reminder it cost supply points to expand production factories.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
anthonykevinluke

Aye, I did all that. But for some reason nothing seems to flow to Gifu ... I even tried the old trick of sticking some HQs there to draw supply. Ah well I'll keep tinkering... Thanks for the support.

Regards,

AKL
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I'm not trying to snub you here, but you seem somewhat new to AE (and keep in mind its not you fathers' WitP) so I will ask this question. Do your HI/LI factories have enough inputs to output supply? If you don't already know how, you can check this by going to the industry screen and scroll down. Anything in red means its not working.

Also keep in mind you can over expand early in the game and suck up so much supply that you don't have enough to do all that you'd like. I know because I've done it. Some times its not even over expanding that does it. If you move too much supply out of the home islands you'll get the same effect. Not enough at home to cover all bases.

Just a SWAG based on the info you've given. Hope it helps.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
bartrat

Post by bartrat »

Tony Luke,
Please install Tracker and post some screen shots of supply levels in Honshu.
WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.
SqzMyLemon

Post by SqzMyLemon »

ORIGINAL: tony luke

Aye, I did all that. But for some reason nothing seems to flow to Gifu ... I even tried the old trick of sticking some HQs there to draw supply. Ah well I'll keep tinkering... Thanks for the support.

I'd strongly suggest you do not move HQ's to draw supply. If you move one to a smaller base such as Gifu, you will accumulate massive spoiling and bleed supply. Ask me how I know this [8|].

All you need to do for every base in Japan with industry repairing is set the supply draw to 4k. This will give you the 10k needed to initiate repairs and have excess supply on hand to pay the 1k supply cost per point repaired. Once you've set the supply draw for all your bases leave it alone. In a few days the supply routine will get supply to where it is needed. If you still have bases not accumulating enough supply, you either don't have enough supply in the Home Islands, or you have bases set to drawing too much and it's not flowing freely.
Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I was just about to post a simpler suggestion as the squeeze suggested above. Works about the same for the allies....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Haven't play much IJ side but isn't Gifu a major factory site? Could it be using most of the supply it gets to produce what it does before running out so repairs/factory output is minimal but looks like it's not getting supply? Might be best to turn off some factories around the HI for a couple of days so supplies can settle in certain places you need it to. I do know that in one of the patches they did, supplies seem to settle mostly at whatever the national base is so for Japan would be Tokyo.
anthonykevinluke

OK, I'll keep trying. All but Gifu are drawing fine, but after 40 days Gifu still remains around 5000 and nothing has yet been repaired there, so no supply is actually being used there. Anyway, as always, thanks for the help.

Regards,

AKL
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: tony luke

OK, I'll keep trying. All but Gifu are drawing fine, but after 40 days Gifu still remains around 5000 and nothing has yet been repaired there, so no supply is actually being used there. Anyway, as always, thanks for the help.

Regards,

AKL

SqzMyLemon is right. I'll simplify what he said further.

On the "Base" screen (you pull this up when you double click on a city), you'll note some arrows on the left hand side of the screen by 'supply demand'. Click on these until they read 4,000 (some places may need as much as 5,000 pulled). Eventually, it'll 'pull' the requisite amount of supply from Tokyo, et. al.,

Sorry if this is too basic, but one never knows.
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: bigred

Jap cities have to have 10000 supply in each city for that city to expand factories or research. So U need to set all jap cities at start to + 10000 supply and then start your convoy resource runs from DEI and China to the home islands. I found distribution to be handled by the game engine with excess going to Tokyo. Reminder it cost supply points to expand production factories.
As sqzmylemon more clearly points out than I, if you set your supply to 4k, a 3x effect occurs which will draw about 12k supply to base.
gifu has alot of factories, so maybe the factories are eating the supply in expansion each turn. Raise the supply to 7k (or 21000 supply points) at gifu and see what happens.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Uncivil Engineer

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

You probably set most Japanese cities on Honshu to draw 10k supply early in the game. Some won't need it by March '42, or so. Go back and reset those to normal draw, and the excess will flow to where it is needed, like Gifu. Also, make sure Osaka is not set too high, since it's adjacent to Gifu that's the first place Gifu will draw from.

If you expand HI on Honshu at too many places at once, that's 1000 supply used at each place every day. Same for aircraft production expansion (like if you are expanding production on Zeroes, Oscar's, Betty's, Vals, Kates, Sally's, Lily's, Pete's, Jake's, etc, all at the same time - each "repair" uses 1000 supply) and R&D.

Supply will get to Gifu - you just have something set somewhere else on the island that's preventing it.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”