release date

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Fintilgin

RE: release date

Post by Fintilgin »

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

So this is really due out next year? [:'(]

Birdw

Post by Birdw »

Well it is coming up on the two year anniversary of Democracy June 2013? Could we get a reply from anyone doing development on the game as to the status?

I know SC3 is going to be a European theater game. Is there a global version in the works?

Are there going to be major changes in the naval game? Air game?

It would be nice to hear that there is progress being made.

Thanks!
Birdman

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns
solipsismMatrix

Post by solipsismMatrix »

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to pop in quickly to let everyone know we are still here and working very hard to get the game completed as soon as possible... we thank you for your patience and truly hope you'll consider it all well worth the wait once it is finished and officially ready to go [:)]

Hubert
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Hey Hubert how about a few "notes" from the developer's diary, any tidbits about simultaneous movement?[;)]

Take a look at "Desert War"![8D]
governato

Post by governato »

+1
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

So, Fury will be present at HoW in June - time for major news and a reveal there? I hope so because this is getting ridiculous, two years on and we're basically none the wiser about the game than the day it was announced.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi TheGreatRadish,

Just to confirm I will be at HoW in June, and while I'm not 100% sure just yet what will be revealed/discussed, we are preparing for it and looking forward to it [:)]

The project has taken some time (no argument from us there) and more so than even we would have liked it to take, and the only consolation I can give is that when we do discuss it in more detail, hopefully soon enough, you'll be guaranteed that what we discuss will be in the game and fully representative of the final product.

This has been a very large project, very transformative in terms of the game engine and future capabilities, that with such a long original list of planned changes, and final actual list of changes, it would have been very easy for us to have gotten ahead of ourselves and to have made a lot of empty promises. Something that every game designer, if they've made that mistake (which we've done in the past) can quickly come to regret.

While we've been very quiet, the truth is we've instead channeled all our time and efforts into this game (as the trade-off) and hopefully this will show in the end.

Hubert
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Great, stay focussed Hubert, nevermind in depth updates of the game, just a tidbit every once in awhile will do. We of the "SC Brethren" have faith and we know the infusion of flexibility is of paramount importance as it catalyzes the SC3 peripherals. Hold the standard high!
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Thanks Hubert, I understand you're stance completely, just overdid things a bit in that post. Keep up the good work!
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Thanks for the update Hubert - like SeaMonkey said those of us who've played SC for a while have faith in you and what you do. It's only matched by our desire to get our hands on it and play our brains out! But I will resolve to be patient knowing it will be worth that wait!!
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

The single biggest thing I want to find out is if we can finally play as individual nations or, at the very least, split the western allies from the USSR. MP with half a dozen players, each controlling their own major, with the SC2 engine alone was a dream that never materialised but I'm hoping it can here. Sure, it could kind of be done, particularly in hotseat, but my group of old high school wargaming buddies are pretty spread out now and our recent ascent into our 30s means that we can't meet up and play for days on end the way we used to, but PBEM we can still do. 1 vs 1 is vastly inferior to the fun of 4+ players.
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

I agree that would be a nice addition to the game. If you are allowed to pick which nations you want to run in each side, like some other games have allowed, that would add some flexibility as well. Guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to get all our questions answered.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Have to agree TGR, team play is much more enjoyable and kind of replicates the unknown of the actual WW2 alliances. What I would like Hubert or Bill to weigh in on would be sequence of play, and the options we'll have available. While the faster/longer(timewise) Winter turns were adequate for the European sector, they just didn't quite cut it for the global play and the few actions available, especially from fast response type units(air forces), even double strikes, seemed unrealistic when compared to the grounded armed forces.

Surely Hubert and Bill have gotten that far. How about it SC3 creators, what say thou?
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Heh heh, that resolve you mentioned to be patient AZ is beginning to dissolve now that Hubert has commented. Sometimes age doesn't necessarily endure in the virtue of patience when it comes to SC3. I've played Global to death![8D]
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi SeaMonkey

I would love to fill you in more, but fear that if we were to answer in any way, the information we would give would either be insufficient if it lacked detail, or alternatively if it contained full details then it could rapidly become obsolete as some details will certainly change as testing progresses (as some did recently).

I think what we can say is that we have some new features coming relating to movement that will address some commonly voiced criticism of previous releases in this series, and these new features will also dramatically enhance the way the game is played. [:)]

But it would be wrong of me to say more at this stage, and it's really best that further details are provided in an official announcement.

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Thanks for the update Bill.

Now, as SeaMonkey might say, I will patiently wait for an official statement with growing impatience tempered only by my patient faith in the great work you guys do! Of course if this goes too long I may end up as a patient in a psych ward! But don't let that worry you - I'm fine - really - just fine![:D]
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Damnit Bill, do you and Hubert always have to be so "politically"(gamewise) correct?[;)] Insufficient, lacking detail.?.?..really...just lie to us, we won't remember and you as administrators can always change the posts, tell us it never happened if it turns out to be misleading. [:'(] Heck we're all so distracted now a days anyway and our leaders...so called....misrepresent and skew the facts all the time anyway....LOL stands for "Land Of Lawyers".[:D]

Anyway, you guys grow some...uh... a thicker hide.... me and AZ got your back. We'll send those hecklers back to BF to buy the old SC games. It's a no lose situation, we got so many old ornery SC fans, the young-ens better think twice before they jump on our beloved developers about a few trivial misleading statements. Besides, y'all know the common response, "it's on the list, we'll get to it"![;)] DLC, right.

OK...rant off... "I will patiently wait for the official statement with tempered emotions, having great faith in the work you guys do". [>:]
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Thanks, and rest assured that we are really looking forward to the day when we can announce more! [:)]
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey
It's a no lose situation, we got so many old ornery SC fans

I am not THAT old, just ornery! Speak for yourself SeaMonkey. [:'(]

Hang on for the SC3 ride. I am sure it will be fantastic! [8D]

Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer