Focus Pacific Test - paradigmblue vs Lockmart Lawndart

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

CaptBeefheart

RE: Focus Pacific Test - paradigmblue vs Lockmart Lawndart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

ORIGINAL: cdnice

I have seen a couple of comments here about how high the experience is for Japanese air/naval units, are you thinking at all about reducing these a bit? Was there a reason why they were upped?

The IJ side was originally designed my Andy Mac to provide a stronger AI performance in Ironman Scenario 10, so he tweaked up a lot of factors such as pilot skill and experience.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

ORIGINAL: cdnice

I have seen a couple of comments here about how high the experience is for Japanese air/naval units, are you thinking at all about reducing these a bit? Was there a reason why they were upped?

The IJ side was originally designed my Andy Mac to provide a stronger AI performance in Ironman Scenario 10, so he tweaked up a lot of factors such as pilot skill and experience.

Cheers,
CC

There are a lot of legacy issues from my decision to use Ironman as the base scenario, and pilot experience is one of them. My goal with the mod has always been to create a mod where Japan can go the distance vs the Allies, even in 1945-1946. To achieve that goal, Japan has to be able to start strong and really put the allies on their heels in 1942 and 1943 so that Japan can have near parity with the allies when the US production really kicks up. Having the high experience pilots isn't a bad thing from my view, as Japan is designed to be an even bigger 800lb gorilla than in stock so it can achieve its goals.

The tricky part comes in when making the allied player still feel that his air forces are still relevant and so that the Japanese player still feels like winning the air war is a challenge and not a forgone conclusion. In the newest version of the mod, certain air forces, such as the French, have much better experience than in stock, and some better air-frames are made available to the allies as well. These better planes and pilots allow the allies to contest Japan in the air much more effectively. There are relatively few of these units, so the allied player will have to choose carefully where they want to use them.
cdnice

Post by cdnice »

Thanks, I will be downloading the update tonight and giving it a go over the weekend.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

Starting Ships and Future Production:
9 additional CV
11 additional CVL

6 additional CVE
10 additional BB
5 additional BC/CB
13 additional CA
31 additional CL
80 additional DD

14 additional TB
27 additional E
43 additional PB
62 additional SS
26 additional AMCs
13 additional DMS
15 additional APD
9 additional LSD
307 addtional AK
126 additional AKL
22 additional TK
93 additional LCI
39 additional xAP
178 additional xAK
318 additional Airgroups, made up of 6,400 total additional aircraft
118 additional LCUs of various types

A monster of a Japanese economy, with greatly increased supply and fuel stockpiles and production.
Replacement pools of some key air-frames in addition to production pools
G3N bombers, upgrading to 65N with research, giving the Japanese a mid-late game long-range punch

Jesus Christ.... [X(]

I actually find myself agreeing with Alfred. Thats a first...

This Mod is nuts. For the allied player this will be like playing the first 4 weeks of the war. The entire war. I wouldn´t play this as the allies even if I got paid for it. [X(]

Maybe not PBEM, but it looks almost perfect for a solitaire game.....would BE perfect if it had stacking limits.
Hans

obvert

Post by obvert »

You know I just noticed the 318 additional air groups. What the hell does that even mean, and how does one support that many extra air groups??!! [X(][:-][X(]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

It is huge!

The Dutch I think start with 400 aviation support in Palembang alone.[X(]

I have to wonder if the game engine can even handle anything so big in the end game. But if you like toys, the French, Germans, it is interesting. Fantasy, but fun.

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: obvert

You know I just noticed the 318 additional air groups. What the hell does that even mean, and how does one support that many extra air groups??!! [X(][:-][X(]

Those additional carriers make up a good number of those air groups, as well as air groups from the additional cruisers and battleships.

Edit: I should have described them as squadrons or units, not groups. Sorry for the confusion.
Ingtar

Post by Ingtar »

I am trying this and must have messed up the install, some of the ship images do not show up. Otherwise, there sure are a lot of carriers sailing in the first month of fighting. I am interested in following along.

Return to “After Action Reports”