how to burn money

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

zakblood

how to burn money

Post by zakblood »

almost £40k

what you get for your money, well quite a lot, but for the same in some places you'd also get a small house

oh and you need a large bedroom if your living at home, if you own your own house no worries it will fit in any spare room, which is good as when the GF / wife finds out how much you spent, you will be in there with it, or in the garden [:D][;)]
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (278.28 KiB) Viewed 49 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (104.57 KiB) Viewed 49 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (116.27 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Chickenboy

RE: how to burn money

Post by Chickenboy »

It's nice that there's no additional charge for home installation. [:D]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

that was £2k and was already added[:D][;)]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Oh bloody hell. Forget it then. Deal's off!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

almost £40k

what you get for your money, well quite a lot, but for the same in some places you'd also get a small house

oh and you need a large bedroom if your living at home, if you own your own house no worries it will fit in any spare room, which is good as when the GF / wife finds out how much you spent, you will be in there with it, or in the garden [:D][;)]
warspite1

Well this is what I use for my gaming experience and I would thoroughly recommend it - frankly its cheap at half the price.

People ask me "hey warspite isn't it a bit over the top for playing Tetris?"... but you can't put a price on quality can you?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wings7

Post by wings7 »

almost £40k

If I was independently wealthy, I would buy it in a instant! The ultimate console gaming rig! [:)] Thanks for sharing...Awesome! [&o]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I wonder if I could get AE to run on this?.....
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
parusski

Post by parusski »

My wife's first question was "where is the built in toilet?", great question. Not worth it without the toilet.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

with 4K and even now 5K setups out, it's about time wages kept up with the tech, as no way i could have afforded a half descent car, a small house, and any of these latest toys tbh

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (138.91 KiB) Viewed 49 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (127.07 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

You could build that rig yourself for a fraction of that asking price.  The CPU and the four graphic cards are a grand apiece, which is where most of the cost is.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Heh look nice, but I aint falling for that craps either lol.

Even Alienware that sell Dell Computers is a huge rip off!
british exil

Post by british exil »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

almost £40k

warspite1

Well this is what I use for my gaming experience and I would thoroughly recommend it - frankly its cheap at half the price.

People ask me "hey warspite isn't it a bit over the top for playing Tetris?"... but you can't put a price on quality can you?

You had me in stiches with the Tetris comment.

MAt
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

with 4K and even now 5K setups out, it's about time wages kept up with the tech, as no way i could have afforded a half descent car, a small house, and any of these latest toys tbh

As Mundy said, that system is greatly overpriced. The only benefit is that you would get the cables professionally bundled and the cooling system would be built and tested. And some of those parts are on backorder and hard to get.
But that system has about a 70% mark up. It is laughable that they could sell any of those to unsuspecting customers who didn't do the least bit of research.

Even without the VAT that is a 16,000 system. I would have to configure it and I am not going to spend the time, but that looks to be about $6500 worth of parts.
The hard part would be finding them since as I said, the GPUs and CPU are on backorder.

But thanks for the picture, that company is a joke though.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

fools and money are easily parted it seems
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

fools and money are easily parted it seems
warspite1

I wondered why I'm always broke.....

Orm

Post by Orm »

Some people have a lot of money and little time. So if they want something they might not spent so much time on trying to get it cheaper, rather they go for the easy, fast, version.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

[:D] [&o]

I would not ask that. It is important to have a system that fits the game that you play.

But now that I have seen how you play Tetris I do wonder how the system that you play MWIF on looks like.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Hey Warspite-isn't it a bit over the top for playing Tetris?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

warspite1

Seriously? I mean seriously? Have you ever played Tetris properly? I mean that game is radical dude. I wouldn't go near it without being appropriately suited and booted while sitting in the hotseat (see below).

My Extreme Overcocked PC above is fitted with a custom dual loop watercooling system - de riguer for the hardcore Tetris gamer. Fan cooling just doesn't cut it man.

But the real win with this rig is the Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 Motherboard with EK Full Cover Waterblock. I haven't got a scooby what the $%^& that all means but its gotta be worth £13k right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB& ... mCCQxVBfyM

Attachments
Armatech_I..ntry_BDU.jpg
Armatech_I..ntry_BDU.jpg (74.35 KiB) Viewed 49 times

Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

warspite1

Seriously? I mean seriously? Have you ever played Tetris properly? I mean that game is radical dude. I wouldn't go near it without being appropriately suited and booted while sitting in the hotseat (see below).

My Extreme Overcocked PC above is fitted with a custom dual loop watercooling system - de riguer for the hardcore Tetris gamer. Fan cooling just doesn't cut it man.

But the real win with this rig is the Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 Motherboard with EK Full Cover Waterblock. I haven't got a scooby what the $%^& that all means but its gotta be worth £13k right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB& ... mCCQxVBfyM

I use it for Tic-Tac-Toe. You haven't really played it until you do it on three screens.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.

Return to “General Discussion”