Meteors over Korea, 1952 -- new beta for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

Meteors over Korea, 1952 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

My newest beta. A nice simple bombing raid. Well, maybe. :)

You have a squadron of Australian Meteors. You have to destroy targets in North Korea. North Korea has MiG-15s and will be trying to stop you. You have 18 hours to do as much damage as possible.

As always, please let me know what you think. Observations, suggestions, etc. are all welcome. Thanks!

Version 2 uploaded at 9:45 PM EST 5/18/2015.

Attachments
Meteors ov..ea, 1952.zip
(37.27 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Coiler12

RE: Meteors over Korea, 1952 -- new beta for testing

Post by Coiler12 »

Ok. Tried it.
I'd think the scenario needs some reworking.

The ground defenses are fine. The MiG-15s are problematic.
First, it's historically inaccurate for them to deployed in such quantity so far south. Attempts to deploy aircraft in airfields in North Korea proper ended with the airfields being quickly destroyed-and this would be even more frantic if it was this close to the front. To use MiGs and maintain accuracy, I'd say to put the MiGs in a shielded airfield in China and move the target area farther to the north-the player's planes still have the range to reach it if necessary.

If the target stays where it is, you could add an aerial component by slipping in a few propeller planes on the airfield-still a little inaccurate but much less so than two dozen MiG-15s, and obviously much weaker, but that's the price you play for deployability.

Second, the MiGs have a giant patrol area that takes them over the southern border. This is both historically inaccurate and weird.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Thank you, Coiler12. This is why I post the beta versions!

So...you would recommend...

1. Add a base in China and reduce the number of MiG-15s (maybe 12 instead of 24?).

2. Modify the patrol area so it does not cross the border...the MiGs are purely for defending North Korean airspace.

3. Add a few older aircraft to the Haeju airfield so there will be a mixed defense. What would you recommend for the older aircraft...Yak-9s? La-9s?

Does this sound about right?

I'll get to work on it and post a revised version soon.
ORIGINAL: Coiler12

Ok. Tried it.
I'd think the scenario needs some reworking.

The ground defenses are fine. The MiG-15s are problematic.
First, it's historically inaccurate for them to deployed in such quantity so far south. Attempts to deploy aircraft in airfields in North Korea proper ended with the airfields being quickly destroyed-and this would be even more frantic if it was this close to the front. To use MiGs and maintain accuracy, I'd say to put the MiGs in a shielded airfield in China and move the target area farther to the north-the player's planes still have the range to reach it if necessary.

If the target stays where it is, you could add an aerial component by slipping in a few propeller planes on the airfield-still a little inaccurate but much less so than two dozen MiG-15s, and obviously much weaker, but that's the price you play for deployability.

Second, the MiGs have a giant patrol area that takes them over the southern border. This is both historically inaccurate and weird.
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Thank you, Coiler12. This is why I post the beta versions!

So...you would recommend...

1. Add a base in China and reduce the number of MiG-15s (maybe 12 instead of 24?).

Yep. Sounds about right.
3. Add a few older aircraft to the Haeju airfield so there will be a mixed defense. What would you recommend for the older aircraft...Yak-9s? La-9s?

I'd say La-9s.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Version 2 uploaded with suggestions from Coiler12 implemented. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

ojms

Post by ojms »

Was a quick fun mission! Found it pretty difficult to achieve, also the NK and Neutrals are showing as playable.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: ojms

Was a quick fun mission! Found it pretty difficult to achieve, also the NK and Neutrals are showing as playable.

Got it. Thanks. Non-player sides are now computer-only.

Any other comments or suggestions? Or is this one ready for the Community Scenario Pack? Thanks.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”