Roll Call

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jellicoe

RE: Roll Call

Post by Jellicoe »

Reporting in from the Grand Fleet
netjam99

Post by netjam99 »

Other games come and go...but I always have WITP going. Play the AI.
Ol_Dog

Post by Ol_Dog »

Tried the free WITP, then bought Uncommon Valor and everything else since.

Play against the AI, now mostly DaBigBabes with extended map
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.
drw61

Post by drw61 »

Still playing. My addiction started back in 92 or 93 playing Pacific War and I've been playing one of Gary's follow up pacific game's ever since.
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Still play to this day. Been playing since I first bought a copy of UV from Fry's so many years ago...
DD696

Post by DD696 »

Have taken some time off from the game since last August, back to playing another great, SPI's War in Europe redone by
Decision Games to be playable via computer and highly editable, but about ready to get into another game versus the AI using one of John III's modified Da Babes versions.

Quite overjoyed that Andy Mac is back and updating the AI. Will wait until that is a done deal, then will modify it to improve the AI's performance against a player from day one - including, of course, PacWar and all incantations since.

Glad to follow that the one who intimidated and discouraged so many early players has hung up his massive post count and buried his head in the sand. It makes for a much more enjoyable forum, and subsequently, gaming experience.

Need I say - AI player only, and proud of it, who was bombast-ed in the past by the PBEM crowd who were convinced that AI players were quite the lower life-form.

Andy Mac, you are truly what made this game great.....
USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.
sanch

Post by sanch »

In my first PBEM since 2013, and my first go as the Empire. Learning the hard way all sorts of things not to do.
Mooshh

Post by Mooshh »

still reading the forum, but not playing much right now. wn8 sucks
FirstPappy

Post by FirstPappy »

Playing since PACWAR and everything in between. And I miss the days when those girls from Tahiti weren't all covered with that damn message. [;)]
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
richlove

Post by richlove »

Here, playing happily against the AI for a few years now.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I guess I haven't weighed in. I suspect some people have posted more than once in this thread, which kind of defeats the first poster's purpose. We're too scatagorical to just post once. When the Myers Briggs thread went around a few years back I noted a large majority were Ni dominant. I describe the inner workings of my mind like a ping pong ball in a blender.

Anyway, I played a lot of AH board games in my teenage years. One of my favorites with my most frequent opponent and I was Flat Top. Even back in 1983 we were trying to figure out how to make a computerized aid for it. Then many years later I found Uncommon Valor and it was everything I had wanted in a computerized Flat Top, though a bit buggy. As I played I dreamed of expanding the system to the entire Pacific and then that happened a few years later. I joined the forum when I started playing WitP.

When AE's existence was first announced, I contacted Joe asking if they needed any help. I had a fair bit of spare time then and I was recruited to run the playtest efforts. I ended up programming too and the rest is history.

I haven't had the time to play as much as I was able to back then, but then my income is better now than it was then too, so I can't complain too much!

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
GamesaurusRex

Post by GamesaurusRex »

Bought WITPAE and WITE a year or so ago. Just finished a GC WITE PBEM game. (It was awesome sauce ! Love that one !) Spent the last year crawling over the WITPAE forum and messing with the AI in GC to pry out the details of this exquisite monster. Now if I can just cajole my pbem opponent into it. (I talked him into buying it, but he'll have to send his wife on an extended vacation or get a divorce to find the time to do it.)

I have to confess... I have the SPI paper versions of both of these beasts, for those of you who remember that far back.
(Been gaming since the 1968 Avalon Hill days... I think that's what turned my hair gray. [:D] )
"Real Life" is a game... THIS is war !
bush

Post by bush »

Still playing every day.
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Hooked to the PTO since playing "Guadalcanal" on the C64, followed by Carrier Strike, PacWar, UV, WitP Classic and AE. Currently one active PBEM against IdahoNYer and playtesting H2H a personal historic mod.
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Just started a PBEM!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
rev rico

Post by rev rico »

Still playing and enjoying this game!
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

Bought September 2013 I think, stumbled, didn't do much. Finally started an AI campaign in September 2014 and am approaching the end of January 2013. I WANT MY HELLCATS!
Bill Goin
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Still have my game with Herb active after nearly 5 years.
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Yakface

Post by Yakface »

Still witp gaming
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

[holds up fingers in "V" rabbit ears shape behind Warspite1's head]

Here! [8D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”