Aircraft operational losses

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

cato12

Aircraft operational losses

Post by cato12 »

Its Jan 42 in my axis game and am shocked to see ive lost 605 aircraft to operational losses which is almost two thirds of my losses overall.

Whats causing this to happen, is it the effects of the first winter rule or something else?
morvael

RE: Aircraft operational losses

Post by morvael »

1 turn losses or from the start of the game?
cato12

Post by cato12 »

From the start. Am I doing something wrong or is that figure the norm? It does seem excessive.
Mehring

Post by Mehring »

Historically it's not at all excessive.
“Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.”
-Leon Trotsky
morvael

Post by morvael »

I think it's norm.
cato12

Post by cato12 »

I guess it isn't that excessive, roughly 25 planes a week after 6 months combat.

Should I be placing airbases in towns to avoid the first winter rule penalties, same question goes for hq units or should combat units always have priority?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”