Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Adraeth

RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

Post by Adraeth »

Signed, i am interested on the dynamic AI and on scenario/campaign random generator
www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Adraeth Montecuccoli

Signed, i am interested on the dynamic AI and on scenario/campaign random generator

There is no campaign random generator or quick battle generator at this point. Scenarios and campaigns have to be designed in the scenario editor. Campaigns are essentially long scenarios, which have day part and night part. Day part is 8 turns and night part is 4 turns; so full day is = 12 turns.
jamespcrowley

Post by jamespcrowley »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Well basically the units you have at your disposal in a scenario in a given turn are either in command and you can fire or move with them or they are not in command in which case they can only perform defensive fire actions.

Sounds good. At what levels are HQ's - platoon, Company, Battalion?
Cheers

Jim
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: James Crowley

Well basically the units you have at your disposal in a scenario in a given turn are either in command and you can fire or move with them or they are not in command in which case they can only perform defensive fire actions.

Sounds good. At what levels are HQ's - platoon, Company, Battalion?

James,

This is tactical wargame, personnel units are: squads, half-squads, crew and leaders. The command and control mechanism is represented by the presence of leaders. There are no HQ units.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Ummm squads and half squads... this means that a squad is a number of soldiers with X armament or is an abstract strenght number with an abstract "firepower" value??? same with vehicles... Steel Panthers model VS Heroes of Stalingrad model.

HQs... if leader is HQ this doesnt made the HQ chain very weak if we can kill leaders??? i know this system via Squad Battles and never like it a lot because you need have all the time "HQ leaders" stack with a combat unit to prevent they fall... the good point with this system is that you can have leaders at section level. I maybe prefer here HQs as special units capable of stand in terrain because can defend their own skin and at company level and superior units BUT under company level use leaders that need stay with their "men", the problem is for me with infantry because in vehicles leaders and HQs are in vehicles, at lower level they run combat vehicles and in top levels special vehicles.

I like the Flashpoint map and counter system (specially counters with all info visible without need of click in unit) but they have a problem to show clearly the OOB structure on map and well, the number of units is limited on map.

Well, maybe with all info on words the number of [&:] are great hehehe.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

just signed up but got back to late off holidays to be on day one :(

so fingers crossed[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Ummm squads and half squads... this means that a squad is a number of soldiers with X armament or is an abstract strenght number with an abstract "firepower" value??? same with vehicles... Steel Panthers model VS Heroes of Stalingrad model.

HQs... if leader is HQ this doesnt made the HQ chain very weak if we can kill leaders??? i know this system via Squad Battles and never like it a lot because you need have all the time "HQ leaders" stack with a combat unit to prevent they fall... the good point with this system is that you can have leaders at section level. I maybe prefer here HQs as special units capable of stand in terrain because can defend their own skin and at company level and superior units BUT under company level use leaders that need stay with their "men", the problem is for me with infantry because in vehicles leaders and HQs are in vehicles, at lower level they run combat vehicles and in top levels special vehicles.

I like the Flashpoint map and counter system (specially counters with all info visible without need of click in unit) but they have a problem to show clearly the OOB structure on map and well, the number of units is limited on map.

Well, maybe with all info on words the number of [&:] are great hehehe.

Squad is an abstract number of men per nationality; also each nationality has different number of squads/half-squads like Elite, engineers, airborne, 1st line, 2nd line green and conscripts. Leaders are organized by rank, each rank provides different bonus for directing fire, morale bonus and command and control bonus. Similar I guess to Heroes of Stalingrad game. All personnel units have symbols on counters which are explained well in the manual.
Vherid

Post by Vherid »

Basically looks like a new attempt at Virtual ASL, count me very interested and signed up.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Thanks for the reply.

For me at tactical level i allways find that use abstract numbers to represent squads is a little strange, if at tactical level every soldier and gun count the best thing is represent them... if you represent individual tanks with a crew for me with soldiers is the same but you use a squad as tank and soldiers inside squad as crew.

Ummm you say that squads are based in diferent parameters... interesting, for me out of use diferent counters to diference between standar units, airborne units etc etc (for example diference the black SS, red guards and other special units) diferences are in values... the unit is allways the same but you change the unit parameters (experience, morale, weapons etc etc)... the good point in your system is that made custom scens very fast because you create the unit 1 time, other question is if system create to clonic units... in SP every squad was diferent at least in the "soft stats" like sargent atributes, unit morale and experience.

Maybe as suggestion you can define a little more the game features in a FAQ... at least when game has his own area in coming soor area.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Thanks for the reply.

For me at tactical level i allways find that use abstract numbers to represent squads is a little strange, if at tactical level every soldier and gun count the best thing is represent them... if you represent individual tanks with a crew for me with soldiers is the same but you use a squad as tank and soldiers inside squad as crew.

Ummm you say that squads are based in diferent parameters... interesting, for me out of use diferent counters to diference between standar units, airborne units etc etc (for example diference the black SS, red guards and other special units) diferences are in values... the unit is allways the same but you change the unit parameters (experience, morale, weapons etc etc)... the good point in your system is that made custom scens very fast because you create the unit 1 time, other question is if system create to clonic units... in SP every squad was diferent at least in the "soft stats" like sargent atributes, unit morale and experience.

Maybe as suggestion you can define a little more the game features in a FAQ... at least when game has his own area in coming soor area.

In the scenario editor, you first select nationality then the type of AFV/personnel unit you want to add it into your scenario order of the battle. There is a cloning function, you select an AFV/personnel unit and you can clone up to 20 units to speed up the OOB creation process. I have already written the draft manual, I'm assuming beta testers will get access to it. I used the scenario editor for all my scenario design needs. You can even import existing maps or sectors to speed up terrain design, you don't need to create the scenario map from scratch every time. The scenario editor is very easy to use. I first worked on the editor before I started to work on the game itself.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Signed up for beta, we'll see. First constructive criticisms: on my iPad the product page is grey text on a black background, Very difficult to read.
musashi64

Post by musashi64 »

Yes, it's similar to Steel Panthers though a turn is broken down into segments...there is a fire segment and movement segment.

It looks similar to Squad Leader, that I have been playing for years.
I really hope to be chosen to help.

Kind Regards

Roberto
wodin

Post by wodin »

Can't wait. Finally a deep tactical wargame from Slitherine and not another PC type game. The product description sounds extremely similar to another wargame I help test and create for. Infact I've just finished a whole new counter set for it due in a future patch.

Can we have picture versions of the counters aswell as NATO please. Just stylised black side view would be cool.

wodin

Post by wodin »

Campaign system..I'm confused it says "Campaigns (really just a long scenario) last up to 504 turns - roughly about 2 months of combat (8 turns per day + 4 turns in the night)". SO if at say squad or platoon scale only eight turns for a whole day seems odd. What scale is a hex or is it hexless? We really need a break down of the 16 segemnts a turn is broken down to to really understand it.

Are casualties recorded at the individual soldier level?

In the long campaign how is resupply and reinforcement controlled?

A massive question is how is city combat dealt with? DO we have multi story buildings? DO buildings have rooms? Is breaching from one building to the next allowed? Are there building strong points? IS sewer movement in? How is close combat dealt with?

Does Siliconsoft Systems have a website? What other games have they made or been involved in?
jack54

Post by jack54 »

If 1hex=40 meters will there be stacking?

This games sounds very good....best of luck!
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I cannot wait for this to be released. Will have to camp outside Matrix HQ in line to make sure that I get a copy. I signed up for the beta too. Thanks for the work that you have put in and am hoping that this is a huge hit. Looking forward to the first screenshots to appear; hint, hint....
GJK

Post by GJK »

Hi Peter, is this game by chance based on your work of several years ago that we chatted at length about? Whether it is or not, I'm excited to learn more about this one and have signed up to beta test for you. ;)
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Gargoyl

Post by Gargoyl »

Signed up for beta as soon as I read the description. As much as I have enjoyed Steel Panthers, I hope (and think, judging from the description) this will be deeper. I saw a reference to board games on the first page of this thread, and that piqued my interest further. I've been waiting for a game that plays like the old PanzerBlitz. Redstorm has pretty much digitally captured it for me, except for the era, of course. I can't wait to hear more!
Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

ORIGINAL: Adraeth Montecuccoli

There is no campaign random generator or quick battle generator at this point. Scenarios and campaigns have to be designed in the scenario editor. Campaigns are essentially long scenarios, which have day part and night part. Day part is 8 turns and night part is 4 turns; so full day is = 12 turns.

Sorry my fault, i see (editor not random generator), anyway i'm still interested by the AI management [:)]
www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Campaign system..I'm confused it says "Campaigns (really just a long scenario) last up to 504 turns - roughly about 2 months of combat (8 turns per day + 4 turns in the night)". SO if at say squad or platoon scale only eight turns for a whole day seems odd. What scale is a hex or is it hexless? We really need a break down of the 16 segemnts a turn is broken down to to really understand it.

Are casualties recorded at the individual soldier level?

In the long campaign how is resupply and reinforcement controlled?

A massive question is how is city combat dealt with? DO we have multi story buildings? DO buildings have rooms? Is breaching from one building to the next allowed? Are there building strong points? IS sewer movement in? How is close combat dealt with?

Does Siliconsoft Systems have a website? What other games have they made or been involved in?

what caught my eye wodin was this,

a. Map editor

b. OOB Editor

c. Campaign Editor

so got me interested and had me signed up, but also agree with yours points as well, tried to search fro them with no luck
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”