Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Tejszd

RE: WitP-AE Topo Map Project

Post by Tejszd »

Amazing work that is greatly appreciated!
98ZJUSMC

Post by 98ZJUSMC »

Just got this up and running with the extended map. Very nice. Thanks for your work!

GI Jive

Post by GI Jive »

I love the maps. Thank you. One small issue/question: I would like to see the text for Mili appear on WPEH24. I've tried modifying it myself using MS Paint. It seems to work until I load the game, then the mod disappears. I've also noticed that sometimes the text shows up when I reopen the map in MS Paint and sometimes it doesn't. Kinda weird. Since I may be the only one looking for the change, I'd kind of like to handle this myself. Do you have any tips on how to mod this so it shows up in the game?
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

98ZJUSMC

Post by 98ZJUSMC »

Quick question. Love this map. Ran about 12 moves and all seems to work great except Aberdan. It is there (offset like Aden is) but nothing comes up when clicked on. TF, the Base itself, nothing. Aden works just fine. Any thoughts?

Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

I have the same problem with Abedan. Abedan and Aden are offset and nothing is clickable on Abedan.

Running latest Beta patch, extended map, topo with hexes, 1024 x 768,
Any Ideas?

Thanks
Rob

Attachments
map1.jpg
map1.jpg (200.07 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

You don’t have the correct map data files for the extended map.

Go to this link:
https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... tended-map

Down at the bottom see: Babes Extended Map Data downloads.
Download the one you need and install.
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

Understood,

Thanks for the help gents.
98ZJUSMC

Post by 98ZJUSMC »

ORIGINAL: Mini_Von

I have the same problem with Abedan. Abedan and Aden are offset and nothing is clickable on Abedan.

Running latest Beta patch, extended map, topo with hexes, 1024 x 768,
Any Ideas?

Thanks
Rob

At least I now know it's not me!

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

You don’t have the correct map data files for the extended map.

Go to this link:
https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... tended-map

Down at the bottom see: Babes Extended Map Data downloads.
Download the one you need and install.

Huh.... That's where I got my map data files. Maybe not every one I need. Will D/L again.

Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

Hi 98ZJUSMC,

I think the part we were missing were the scenario files. We need to run one of the Babes Scenarios to use the extended map. 3 things are needed: Babes scenario, 3 Data files for extended map, new topo map.

For now I'll just run the stock campaign with upgraded topo. I'll try Dababes scenario at a later date.

Rob
98ZJUSMC

Post by 98ZJUSMC »

ORIGINAL: Mini_Von

Hi 98ZJUSMC,

I think the part we were missing were the scenario files. We need to run one of the Babes Scenarios to use the extended map. 3 things are needed: Babes scenario, 3 Data files for extended map, new topo map.

For now I'll just run the stock campaign with upgraded topo. I'll try Dababes scenario at a later date.

Rob

Mini_Von, Thank you. I was kinda coming around to that, thinking that it was because I was playing a scenario that I started BEFORE I installed the map data. I was thinking of re-starting my scenario from Day 1 and seeing if that did it. It looks like you tried that.

So, we can play our scenarios on the newer topo map using the original 3 .dat files?

EDIT:

OK. Overwrote the three .dat files with the originals and the topo map is still there and Aberdan is now clickable. Thanks, Rob. Excellent. This map looks so much better than stock.

kiddytoto

RE: WitP-AE Topo Map Project (Extended + Stock)

Post by kiddytoto »

A huge thanks! Sooooo Sexy!!! Great efforts!! Superb!!! [8D]
知己知彼百戰不殆;不知彼而知己一勝一負;不知彼不知己每戰必敗。
Reg

Post by Reg »

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

ORIGINAL: Rainer

There seems to be a problem with the Optional Hotkeys Upgrade Packs.
I tested all three Non-hex versions (Hexless, Pure, RnR) and found the tile WPEN04.BMP is shown distorted.
Only WPEN04.BMP shows distorted, all other tiles show up fine.
The distortion is seen with Full Screen as well as Windowed.
Switch line (Full Screen): "J:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -cpu2 -f -dd_def
The distortion also shows with no switches.
Note: the distortion does not show with the map loaded by the tool CombatReport.
Graphics utilities, like Xnview, show the file OK, and I can't see any problems with the file.

EDIT1: typo
EDIT2: Note: the tools imagetool.exe and DXTBmp.exe show the image upside down (which indicates a format glitch).
To fix the problem I used PaintShop Pro and saved without any changes which apparently reset the format (BMP).

I had exactly the same problem. To fix, I loaded in Photoshop, SAVEd AS, kept the same name, unchecked the "flip row order" box, and saved. Thanks Ranier for the tip, it was driving me crazy :)

Hi Chemkid, I've just downloaded your wonderful maps and they work fine but the problem still exists in the Optional Hotkeys Upgrade Packs (Hex & Hexless at least).

Unfortunately unlike the commercial Paintshop Pro, the freeware 'Gimp' graphics editor does not seem to be able to clear this problem. We really should not have to download and install another application (DXTBmp.exe) we will never use again just to apply a single panel.

Would it be possible to post fixed graphics files please. (The technologically challenged players out there will love you) [:)]

Edit: Loading them into MS Paint and saving seems to fix things also.
I just had exactly the same problem (under Win8.1) with scenario briefing images and aircraft top & side images created by Gimp not showing up in in-game. Also fixed by MS Paint. Hmmmm.....

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Reg

Post by Reg »

Yes it is fixed.

I had a busy day creating some aircraft and briefing screen images for Andy Mac's new scenario 1 and they didn't show up in game either. [:(]

Fortunately loading and saving from MS Paint fixes the BMP format issue and they can be displayed in WITP.

I'm not sure why this is as I have been using Gimp for years to create many images for WITP-AE. Maybe it is a Win8.1 codec issue (I upgraded only recently from XP) as I think someone implied elsewhere or perhaps Gimp have changed their default export BMP file format.

Who knows but it appears we have a solution that should be available to everyone.
Cheers,
Reg.

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Reg

Post by Reg »

I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have asked..... [:(]

Cheers,
Reg.

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”