Tigers on the Hunt

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Agathosdaimon

Tigers on the Hunt

Post by Agathosdaimon »

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/578 ... n.the.Hunt

This sounds really good - is this to be at all like the old HPS games Tigers on the Prowl and Panthers in the Shadows? - 2 of the best games ever.

i am only going on the similar of the name - but i can see somethings are very different and perhaps more SP like

are there any pictures anywhere?
Agathosdaimon

RE: Tigers on the Hunt

Post by Agathosdaimon »

no one? am i the only one curious about this one?
budd

Post by budd »

no pictures, but some info from the dev in the beta request thread.

tm.asp?m=3860387
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ah cool - thanks i didnt see that thread
wings7

Post by wings7 »

This game has the potential to be one of the most popular and profitable games that Matrix/Slitherine has published in it's entire history! I for one am waiting on the doorstep, waiting for the door to open! [:D] I'm hoping for a boxed Collector's Edition with a beautiful color manual! [:)] Until then...

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

One way to make this game even more popular: add Steel Panthers to the name [:D]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Zap

Post by Zap »

Is this trying to fill the hole left by not updating SteelPanthers WAW; (that was my first thought when I saw this).I can already see it will be limited in scope. This game/ Theaters are Eastern and Western. Steel Panthers has scenarios from eastern/Western/Africa and Pacific Theaters.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Is this trying to fill the hole left by not updating SteelPanthers WAW; (that was my first thought when I saw this).I can already see it will be limited in scope. This game/ Theaters are Eastern and Western. Steel Panthers has scenarios from eastern/Western/Africa and Pacific Theaters.

If the game sells well the developer stated that they would expand the theaters! I betting it will sell quite well! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

need a picture to wet the growing crowd, always nice to feed the fish as they say[:D][;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

need a picture to wet the growing crowd, always nice to feed the fish as they say[:D][;)]

Indeed! [:)]
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: wings7

ORIGINAL: Zap

If the game sells well the developer stated that they would expand the theaters! I betting it will sell quite well! [:)]

Let me start out by saying a new game is a good thing. It will be interesting to see what this offers.
Speaking, in general though, the content in Steel Panthers WAW(scenarios etcetera) has more content than what new games will offer. Thus, updated SPWAW would be one purchase. A new game would be 2 purchases to achieve the same content.
Ascension

Post by Ascension »

I am officially hyped.
DammitCarl

Post by DammitCarl »

ORIGINAL: Inquisition

I am officially hyped.

Word

Return to “General Discussion”