How Add Opponent to blank Game?

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

gcbisset

How Add Opponent to blank Game?

Post by gcbisset »

I really like the War in Europe map, but it is a blank scenario, and lists only one opponent (Germany). How do you add opponents to a scenario?

Also, are there any other scenarios existing that use the War in Europe map (Its big!)

Thanks,

George
ernieschwitz

RE: How Add Opponent to blank Game?

Post by ernieschwitz »

Hi George,

You are really asking alot, understood like this: you are asking how to run before you can crawl.

But, I can give you some answers, and a starting point:

Firstly nobody has made a finished scenario on the Huge map of Europe that Bill Wheatley has made. I have tried to get Bill to finish his scenario, with the occasional prodding now and then, but he has had some good excuses, at least some of the times. (Like moving from California to Florida, only having access to a computer at work, etc.)

I think Bill would be flattered if somebody made a scenario on the basis of his map.

And you are wrong to think that just because you can only see one choice of nation for playing that others had not been created. He has made 26 regimes (a regime is either played by a player or set to AI). Basically to get other regimes to show up you need to go to the Setng part of the editor and there toggle the NoPlayChoice to true. Then they will show up.

This however will far from make them playable. You will still have to assign staring Political Points (in Reg)to all of them, and place troops for all of them (in Units)...

When you have done that you may want to tweak alot of other stuff, but we can talk more when (if) you get there.

Claus / Ernieschwitz

Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
gcbisset

Post by gcbisset »

Thanks! Ill play around with that.

Im not trying to do a scenario for the entire map, only trying to do a few solo scenarios that involve 2 countries at a time.

I just like the scale of Bill's map. Thats the scale I want to play in. If you know of other maps in a similar scale, let me know.
gcbisset

Post by gcbisset »

OK, have done all the things you mentioned, but no opponent appears when loading the scenario (strangely, germany has disappeared as an opponent)

What other things might I have to do get it playable? Anyones input is welcome.

Im studying the tutorials in the mods section, is there any other useful doc that mentions this?

Thanks!

George
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

It would be nice if he uploaded the map to the website. I would like a look at it in detail. And like some of the ideas I've seen. I am currently working of a ETO (European Theater of Operations) and his map looks interesting.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I´ll take a look at it, then...

@LJBurstyn the map we are talking about is BWheatleys European map, that is in the scenario bank.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I was wrong as to the reason that opponents do not show up. First we need to undo the damage go to the Setng part of the editor and there toggle the NoPlayChoice to false. Then Germany will reappear.

Then now to make them show again:

Go to Reg and make each regime, non-sleeping. It is because they are sleeping they are not showing up. Sorry about that one.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
gcbisset

Post by gcbisset »

Thanks Ernie!

And here is the link to the map:

http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenario ... &tengine=0

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”