Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Daniele

Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

Post by Daniele »

"The prerequisite for bravery is fear” (Otto Carius, “Tigers in the Mud”)

A new project is awaiting for your help, the strongest and toughest wargamers! If you are searching a real tactical challenge, then Tigers on the Hunt is what you were looking for!

From the product page: Tigers on the Hunt creates a truly immersive in-depth tactical simulation. The game boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s manoeuvres. Players can enjoy massive battles across up to 12 connected geomorphic maps with over 200 Infantry units, 100 Support Weapons, 100 Ordnance pieces and 50 Vehicles per side!

If you think to have what it takes, enlist here!

Get more information about the game from its official product page
Ranger33

RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

Post by Ranger33 »

This is the first I have heard of this game, the product page makes for interesting reading, but I'm not really getting a clear picture of what the gameplay is going to be like. Are we talking something like SPWAW?
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

When signing up for the beta, I am having a problem.

It takes me to the page for signing up and that page is in the members section, with my members area forum name listed above. I tried using that and my login for the members area but it won't accept it.

Then I tried using my regular Matrix forum name and password and it won't take that either.

So I am a bit confused.

Thanks for any help with this.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

This is the first I have heard of this game, the product page makes for interesting reading, but I'm not really getting a clear picture of what the gameplay is going to be like. Are we talking something like SPWAW?

Yes, it's similar to Steel Panthers though a turn is broken down into segments...there is a fire segment and movement segment.
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Well then, consider my interest level increasing! I'm not much good at beta testing, but I look forward to seeing more about this one.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: sulla05

When signing up for the beta, I am having a problem.

It takes me to the page for signing up and that page is in the members section, with my members area forum name listed above. I tried using that and my login for the members area but it won't accept it.

Then I tried using my regular Matrix forum name and password and it won't take that either.

So I am a bit confused.

Thanks for any help with this.

If you click on the enlist link, you should be presented with 3 products. Click on the Tigers on the Hunt product that should take you to NDA agreement page.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Well then, consider my interest level increasing! I'm not much good at beta testing, but I look forward to seeing more about this one.

If you ever played any of the top classic WW2 tactical boardgames you might like this one :)
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

hey Peter, is this one yours?
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

yes :)
jamespcrowley

Post by jamespcrowley »

This sounds very interesting and, given the stated coverage, very ambitious.

I'm intrigued by the promise of, what sounds like, a proper C&C system. Any more details on this?

I signed for the beta testing as WW2 tactical combat is my forte.
Cheers

Jim
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I sign because sounds very similar to Steel Panthers... maybe since i read about a future project to reboot Steel Panthers i return to the WWII tactical a little more hehehe.

Lets see how works the turns but for me are more modern the WEGO concept than the subdivide the turns in phases... for a table game could work ok but for PC this kind of turns simple kill the PBEM (i dont know guys that play Tiller games using phases for example).

The adaptive AI is interesting to.

Maybe the things i miss in game are Italians and Pacific but lets see how is game, if is good enough i dont see why not expand it to Pacific or other periods.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Steel Panthers was one of the games that I inspired me from the game design perspective (among others). What I mean by that, when you get the game you have access to the whole war (41 - 45) as well as great map and OOB editor - sand box type of environment (primary focus is on Eastern Front and Western Front 43 - 45; if game sells well I will add Blitzkrieg and other theater of operations). The sequence of play is more complex than in SP. You have Admin segment (in my game segment = phase), Fire segment, Movement segment, Defensive Fire segment, Advancing Fire segment, Rout Segment, Advance Segment and Close Combat Segment. So the turn is very interactive, example in Movement segment if you move a unit by one hex, or your vehicle changes facing both of these actions can trigger enemy defensive fire and because of this PBEM style of play would be very difficult.

I worked on the game since 2006 (I have done all the game development myself), about 6+ years of development + testing on top before I even decided to publish the game through matrix games. At this point the game in testing stage, the development is basically done. I'm passionate wargamer and this is a labor of love project by a wargamer for wargamers :)
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: James Crowley

This sounds very interesting and, given the stated coverage, very ambitious.

I'm intrigued by the promise of, what sounds like, a proper C&C system. Any more details on this?

I signed for the beta testing as WW2 tactical combat is my forte.

Well basically the units you have at your disposal in a scenario in a given turn are either in command and you can fire or move with them or they are not in command in which case they can only perform defensive fire actions.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

yes :)

very cool, looking forward to the game :-)
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Sounds like a good challenge, I have just signed up[:)]
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Units on the map, will they be in the way of Nato symbols?
Formerly Goodwood

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: BASB

Units on the map, will they be in the way of Nato symbols?

This is a tactical wargame, 1 hex = 40m; so I don't think NATO symbols make sense on this scale - the game uses sprites. However all the game graphics is one PNG file so you can replace the sprites with NATO symbols if you like.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Even though there is not official support for PBEM, it is in a way doable. Saved game would need to be shared/eamil between players (game play type: hot seat).
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

So the graphics will similar to the CC series or Steel Panthers?
Formerly Goodwood

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: BASB

So the graphics will similar to the CC series or Steel Panthers?

The graphics engine is similar to Red Storm, meaning 2D map with side view of vehicles but with colours...

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”