[NO REPRO] Gameplay freezes when increasing gamespeed

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Noldofinwe

[NO REPRO] Gameplay freezes when increasing gamespeed

Post by Noldofinwe »

Heya all, first of all I'm quite a new player (never played harpoon, well I might have tried it once, but I don't remember much about it cause I was to young to understand it), but seriously I do love this game. Even though I'm horrible at it as off yet :D

I do have an issue however. Sometimes when playing a game and I speed up the timer all the units in the simulation seem to freeze, the clock ticks faster, but nothing moves. Now when set the speed back to 1x, sometimes it continues as if no time has passed at all, or the units stay frozen. If I save and load the game they are at there correct positions (sometimes right between the enemies they were heading towards).

I've included a savegame, if you load it it shows the situation as it was before I saved, If you press resume you see everything jumping to the correct positions.
Attachments
savegame.zip
(41.39 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
mikmykWS

RE: Gameplay freezes when increasing gamespeed

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok there are big areas of uncertainty around the contacts (boxes) at load but when I launch they seem to resolve. Slower processing would seem to indicate lots of AOU's there were being resolved.

What version of the game are you running (should be top center of your ui)

Thanks!

Mike
Noldofinwe

Post by Noldofinwe »

The version is 1.07 - Build 678

Those uncertainty boxes only appeared after I switched on time acceleration, my own units also changed position with loading the game (the were frozen to before I loaded), but probably because you don't need a sensor to know where you are yourself those are resolved immediately at loading the game (I think).
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok thanks for the further detail. Will have our programmers take a look. Thanks!

Mike
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Unable to reproduce this problem in B678.3. Can you please download and apply B678.3 and tell us if the issue persists on you.

Thanks!
Noldofinwe

Post by Noldofinwe »

Alright, thanks! I'll report back if it happens again :)

Return to “Tech Support”