Update 1.02 is live!

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
sukhoi

Update 1.02 is live!

Post by sukhoi »

Today the latest game in the fan-favourite Close Combat series is receiving a new update to make your multiplayer experience even smoother. Indeed, thanks to some bug fixes and UI enhancements, you have now no excuse to lose during your merciless duels!

Please find below the complete list of changes included in patch 1.02:

Bug Fixes

[*]Correct error message is now displayed (instead of unknown Error・) when the serial number check fails during lobby login.
[*]Fixed a bug that could crash on a multi-player client if the currently selected team on the client was a friendly vehicle and that vehicle was abandoned.
[*]Fixed a multi-player bug where an airstrike could cause a crash if it completely destroyed a unit.
[*]Fixed a multi-player bug where the client could crash if the currently selected team surrendered.
[*]Fixed a multi-player bug where teams renamed by the client player were not renamed on the host.

Improvements

[*]The multi-player client will no longer hear the 'call for fire' sound cue when the host calls for artillery or mortar support.
[*]If a gun is destroyed while being towed, the towing vehicle automatically dismounts passengers.
[*]The Team List now reappears correctly when you switch to Overview mode and back.
[*]Double clicking a message from a team now selects and highlights that team, in addition to moving the point of view.
[*]Double clicking a message to view the reporting team works correctly even when the Team Info panel has been moved.

Get the patch here.

prjw73

RE: Update 1.02 is live!

Post by prjw73 »

Thanks Sukhoi, can't wait to try.
CC hobbyist, creator of mods.
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

Thanks for the patch. Has the "truce" bug also been fixed? It was one of the major crash inducing things in multiplayer.
prjw73

Post by prjw73 »

Well, I tried multiplayer but I can not login to the lobby due to the serial number check error. "Unknown Command failed. Unknown error."
prjw73

Post by prjw73 »

Crackwise, the truce bug was not encountered a single time during my testing with Cathartes.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: CC Pete

Crackwise, the truce bug was not encountered a single time during my testing with Cathartes.
But it can not say how it can not happen......there are thousands of different computer configurations.....
prjw73

Post by prjw73 »

Ok, was able to login after all and play a couple of battles. Thanks for the patch. I got a number of ideas for version 1.03 [;)]
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Downloading now, thank you!

Have to ask when the crash bugs fixed with this patch for GtC will be fixed in the previous releases???
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Thank-You very much for the patch.
I do appreciate it.

I do see a few UI issues that would be nice if they could be addressed in the future.
On the Soldier Screen the game doesn't remember the last Team you viewed on the Soldier Screen when going back to the Battle Group Screen.It still Highlights the last Team you selected when originally on the Battle Group Screen.
The Message Panel doesn't highlight the Team in question when on the zoomed out view during Battle.
And I just noticed that there is no Highlighting for any Icons on the zoomed out screen,Even when you manually click on a Unit.

And it wasn't mentioned but I'm curious do I need to restart my GC over now that the new patch has been installed?

Again,
Thank-You very much
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Have to ask when the crash bugs fixed with this patch for GtC will be fixed in the previous releases???
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Some of them may be applicable to Panthers in the Fog, and the plan is to back-port those the next time an update is done for Panthers. Date/schedule for that has not been announced.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Why only PitF?

People playing LSA/TLD/WAR are experiencing multi-player crashes and once GtC players connect using the lobby it would be the same H2H code used in all the games???
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

People playing LSA/TLD/WAR are experiencing multi-player crashes and once GtC players connect using the lobby it would be the same H2H code used in all the games???

I have said multiple times that the majority of the code changed is new code in Panthers / Gateway to Caen.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

It doesn't make sense that adding the lobby changed all the real time data exchange between the 2 machines when actually playing H2H.

I guess if the reply is that these are all new bugs introduced in PiTF and GtC then the question needs to be changed to when will the H2H crashes in the previous releases be investigated/resolved???
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It doesn't make sense that adding the lobby changed all the real time data exchange between the 2 machines when actually playing H2H.

I never said that was the case.
... the question needs to be changed to when will the H2H crashes in the previous releases be investigated/resolved???

And I have already given you the only answer I have -- there's nothing announced at this time.

Thanks,

Steve
kweniston

Post by kweniston »

Hi Steve, have to join in with Tesjzd. Really hope LSA/TLD/WAR will get a final bugfix release. Lovely games but in need of a last cleanup, they deserve it. Hope you can find the time/space/effort for ouru community (which will play these games for a -long- time, as you know). Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”