Purchase?

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

lionel1957

Purchase?

Post by lionel1957 »

Is this simulation really worth purchasing? Please rate the fun value from 1-10 (10 lots of fun) for me? Thanks.
Ted Smith
Nacho84

RE: Purchase?

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello tulsaexec,

Welcome to the forums! I won't be able to give you an objective rating since I'm one of the developers behind it. That being said, I suggest you asking in the Slitherine or the Steam forums, since I believe there's more activity in there.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
czert2

Post by czert2 »

well, from my sumary , if you are new to this type of games, i say 7/10, but if you are veteran and played good old baris from 1993, then i rate it 5/10. I realy hoped for more from this game, hope that new dlc (if planed) will improve feeeling from game.
Rating 5/10 can look weak, but technicaly game is ok, but simply compared to baris it lack atmosphere and feeling, thats why i rate it that low.
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

I think czert2 nailed it.
Bill Goin
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

I also believe czert2 nailed it.

But contrary czert2, I give a good 6/10.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager for me is not a game that I play constantly week for week.
But when a new update is there, I install the update and return to the game for some days and many fun hours.

I like it, I would buy it again.
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

I LOVED BARIS and had high hopes for this game but I found the addition of flight controllers to be too much work and had too high an impact on missions. I had a Mercury capsule rated at 90% but would fail everytime because of huge negative modifiers due to controllers not at a high enough level
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,
tulsaexec it is worth purchasing if you have even a slight interest in space exploration. I am a college prof in physics & astronomy and started using BASPM in my History of Space Exploration courses as a computer simulation lab. My students liked the program as a learning tool. They enjoyed the different challenges of reaching the moon in both the American and Soviet space programs.
I rate BASPM as 7 on a scale of 10 for fun factor. But when I am playing and become immersed for 3 to 5 hours at a time BASPM gets a 10 for good historical simulation. I eagerly await more content/expansions. Perhaps space stations or space shuttle or the Great Asian Space Race between China, Japan and India to put the fist Asian on the moon. How about Virgin Intergalactic, Space X and Blue Origin for private space ventures.
kentcol

Post by kentcol »

ORIGINAL: rommel222

Greetings to All,
tulsaexec it is worth purchasing if you have even a slight interest in space exploration. I am a college prof in physics & astronomy and started using BASPM in my History of Space Exploration courses as a computer simulation lab. My students liked the program as a learning tool. They enjoyed the different challenges of reaching the moon in both the American and Soviet space programs.
I rate BASPM as 7 on a scale of 10 for fun factor. But when I am playing and become immersed for 3 to 5 hours at a time BASPM gets a 10 for good historical simulation. I eagerly await more content/expansions. Perhaps space stations or space shuttle or the Great Asian Space Race between China, Japan and India to put the fist Asian on the moon. How about Virgin Intergalactic, Space X and Blue Origin for private space ventures.

Unfortunately, the developer has said there will be no more content. This is it.
lionel1957

Post by lionel1957 »

Can the game be modded?
Ted Smith
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

ORIGINAL: tulsaexec

Can the game be modded?

Sorry for the late reply! I can give you access to the tools we used during development in order to create more content. Send me a private message if you're interested.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”