Need help finding information on mission loadouts and fleet class CUSV sensors

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

SuaveWatermelon

Need help finding information on mission loadouts and fleet class CUSV sensors

Post by SuaveWatermelon »

I have been trying to design a near future scenario in the Persian Gulf/Arabian sea which uses LCS ships.

My problem is that there seems to be little information on what sonar the fleet class CUSV will use (all sources I can find say it is merely "side looking"). I also don't know the loadouts for the MCM and ASW modules both in terms of sensors and weaponry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SuaveWatermelon

RE: Need help finding information on mission loadouts and fleet class CUSV sensors

I also can't seem to add a generic acoustic and magnetic influence mine sweep to the MCM version of the CUSV in game
jimcarravall

RE: Need help finding information on mission loadouts and fleet class CUSV sensors

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: SuaveWatermelon

I also can't seem to add a generic acoustic and magnetic influence mine sweep to the MCM version of the CUSV in game

I think you're dealing with a proof of principle development regarding the handling of the CUSV on a command network. The variants being speculated are from commercial marketing documents instead of Naval requirements documents.

The Naval documents will specify the expected operational parameters the engineering design which is suitable for production addresses. Those usually include maneuver and endurance performance parameters, sensor capabilities (ranges and accuracy), and combat effectiveness (if designed to take out targets, the type of targets and the expected level of detection and protection the weapons system needs to address. Those documents generally provide numbers, and leave the solutions to reaching those numbers part of the prototype engineering development, with the next step being the production engineering design.

Absent official documentation, you could do an analogy to hull weight bearing capacity and extrapolate potential speed, distance, sensors, and weapons that would be supported at that level.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

jim
SuaveWatermelon

I think it does, I've found that the 11m RHIB SpecOps is roughly the same size but has much larger cargo capacity

It just pains me that the platform I want is there but unworkable for my purposes [:(]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”