Grouping of Pacific Islands

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rio Bravo

Grouping of Pacific Islands

Post by Rio Bravo »

Good Day Everyone-

For my AAR purposes, I would like to identify which Pacific Islands fall into the following categories (I have an idea of which Islands compose a particular group, but want to verify my thoughts on this subject):

North Pacific
Central Pacific
Southwest Pacific
South Pacific

Or, are there other categories that should be set forth so that readers of my AAR will know which Islands I am referring to when I set forth a particular category of islands?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

-Terry
"No one throws me my own guns and tells me to run. No one."

-Bret (James Coburn); The Magnificent Seven
obvert

RE: Grouping of Pacific Islands

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Rio Bravo

Good Day Everyone-

For my AAR purposes, I would like to identify which Pacific Islands fall into the following categories (I have an idea of which Islands compose a particular group, but want to verify my thoughts on this subject):

North Pacific
Central Pacific
Southwest Pacific
South Pacific

Or, are there other categories that should be set forth so that readers of my AAR will know which Islands I am referring to when I set forth a particular category of islands?

Regards,

-Terry

This should clear things up!

(This of course does not include the short lived ABDA area).

Also, the South Pacific and SW Pacific often either overlapped, had joint operation areas, used each other's forces periodically, and completely blurred after the Solomons Campaign when So Pac started moving into Cent Pac and to a lesser extent SW Pac, having no where else to go. [:)]

As Supreme Allied Commander you also get to decide where and when all of this doesn't go along with the war, and where Big Mac or Bull end up taking their forces. So Pac could end up in Java and SW Pac in the Kuriles! [:D]

Attachments
Pacific_Th..easmap1.jpg
Pacific_Th..easmap1.jpg (141.89 KiB) Viewed 52 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

ORIGINAL: obvert
ORIGINAL: Rio Bravo

Good Day Everyone-

North Pacific
Central Pacific
Southwest Pacific
South Pacific

Regards,

-Terry

This should clear things up!

(This of course does not include the short lived ABDA area).

Also, the South Pacific and SW Pacific often either overlapped, had joint operation areas, used each other's forces periodically, and completely blurred after the Solomons Campaign when So Pac started moving into Cent Pac and to a lesser extent SW Pac, having no where else to go. [:)]

As Supreme Allied Commander you also get to decide where and when all of this doesn't go along with the war, and where Big Mac or Bull end up taking their forces. So Pac could end up in Java and SW Pac in the Kuriles! [:D]

Outstanding, Obvert.

Thank you.

I will use the groupings your map shows.

Regards,

Terry
"No one throws me my own guns and tells me to run. No one."

-Bret (James Coburn); The Magnificent Seven
Flicker

Post by Flicker »

Thanks obvert.

Return to “The War Room”