Aircraft Upgrades not occuring

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SimonDC

Aircraft Upgrades not occuring

Post by SimonDC »

Hello, I am playing the campaign game and am in mid-45 and have a number of sqds which won't upgrade despite having an upgrade listed. Some are c-47 sqds and one specifically is VB-12 on the Randolph which has stopped at SB2C4 and won't upgrade to SB2C5 despite it being listed as an upgrade. I went to the editor to change it but it won't let me save it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Simon
geofflambert

RE: Aircraft Upgrades not occuring

Post by geofflambert »

I don't think the editor will change a game in progress. I would suggest you ask this sort of thing before using the editor. It's hard to keep track of the changes which may not have been called for in the first place. If your squadrons are in a relatively remote location or are insufficiently supported, that would explain it. There may be other reasons I'm unaware of, but somebody will come along and correct me (if necessary) and ask questions that will get to the bottom of it. I seem to remember (as the Allied player)having to send them back to Pearl to accomplish such upgrades.

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Hover over the upgrade button. You almost always get an idea as to what is needed to upgrade.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: SimonDC

Hello, I am playing the campaign game and am in mid-45 and have a number of sqds which won't upgrade despite having an upgrade listed. Some are c-47 sqds and one specifically is VB-12 on the Randolph which has stopped at SB2C4 and won't upgrade to SB2C5 despite it being listed as an upgrade. I went to the editor to change it but it won't let me save it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Simon

1. You can't upgrade if you don't have SB2C5 in the pools.

2. You can't upgrade on board air units whilst out at sea.

3. You need sufficient supply to "purchase" the new airframes.

Alfred
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Also no splinter airgroups.

Upgrades have to be turned on.

You can manually upgrade too.

My guess is supply, AF not big enough, splinter.
SimonDC

Post by SimonDC »

The problem is that the sqd stops at Helldiver 4 in the database, which I assume is a mistake, since all the other carriers upgrade to SB2C5.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

If he is wanting to upgrade to a plane he just created, yes, it will come in to an existing game, but as noted, must be in port and there must be a supply of the plane to swap them out..

Wish the editor would allow new ships in an existing game......

witpaemail

Post by witpaemail »

ORIGINAL: SimonDC

The problem is that the sqd stops at Helldiver 4 in the database, which I assume is a mistake, since all the other carriers upgrade to SB2C5.

If you are playing with PDUs off, you can only upgrade squadrons to the aircraft they historically upgraded to. Just because the other carrier groups upgraded to one type of plane, doesnt mean they all do.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”