"Repel the Japanese fleet"?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

Zipuli

"Repel the Japanese fleet"?

Post by Zipuli »

Hello!

Just played the Philippines sea battle, that resulted in a loss. The Primary objectives are to 1) repel the Japanese fleet and 2) don't lose any carriers or transports...

I didn't lose any, had a Turkey shoot, sank one carrier (secondary obj is to sink 3) and in the end the Japanese fleet fled. And I lost.

What does "repel" mean in this scenario?
Zipuli

RE: "Repel the Japanese fleet"?

Post by Zipuli »

Another try:
- Sank all 3 carriers
- Sank 2 of 3 battleships
- Sank all but 2 cruisers

Defeat?

Hopefully in the patch the requirements for victory are clearly stated (sink X amount of ships - sink all ships... etc., not just "repel Japanese fleet")
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

It's a scenario bug. It used to last 40 turns and victory was given at that limit. But 30 turns seemed like plenty of enough time so it was adjusted shortly before release - but without updating the victory trigger to 30 turns as well...

Last minute changes are never a good idea
Zipuli

Post by Zipuli »

LOL, OK!

Good thing that #ihadnukes
Matto

Post by Matto »

OK, I had similar problem ... so waiting for patch?
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

klhbekool

Post by klhbekool »

The event to cause the Japanese Fleet to retire to their exit locations isn't specified, my first time playing I got 2 carriers and got the 3rd before it left and sunk all but one cruiser and lost. The next time I got all 3 Carriers and all of the battleships, 1 cruiser and a destroyer retreated but I got the victory. Clarity would be nice.
KLH
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

I'm putting the game on hold until all these victory condition issues are fixed - hopefully in the patch due out later in the week. I've got 173 hours invested in the game so far, admittedly with 3 different starts, all to see which combinations work best. But I'm reluctant to invest more time only to end up with a victory that is thwarted by a bad line of code. So I'll be patient and bide my time. It is annoying at the moment, but by this time next year, won't even be a distant memory.
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
Myrddraal

Post by Myrddraal »

We've identified and fixed victory condition error in Midway (US), Coral Sea (Japan) and the Philippines Sea. Fixes will be in the patch.
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal

We've identified and fixed victory condition error in Midway (US), Coral Sea (Japan) and the Philippines Sea. Fixes will be in the patch.

The fixes are definitely not in the hotfix: I just sank 3 Japanese carriers at the Philippine Sea, shot down 20+ aircraft and still suffered a crushing defeat for the campaign. I suppose I can try again after the patch...
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”