Another "I don't know how i've done this" now about stacking limits...

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Spenser

Another "I don't know how i've done this" now about stacking limits...

Post by Spenser »

Noticed during RTB phase that i somehow had managed to stack 4 land units in Antwerpen, two CW corps, one CW division and one disrupted US division...
Didn't notice this during land movement as i as usual relied on the game to gimme the big "X" when stacking limits apply...

Attached save game is from the land movement phase, and it seems you can move a full stack of CW units into Antwerpen despite there already being a US division there, but if you switch to the US the stacking limits do apply, and once you have switched to US the limits henceforth also applies to the CW [&:]

Spenser

Attachments
LandMovement.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Another "I don't know how i've done this" now about stacking limits...

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Spenser

Noticed during RTB phase that i somehow had managed to stack 4 land units in Antwerpen, two CW corps, one CW division and one disrupted US division...
Didn't notice this during land movement as i as usual relied on the game to gimme the big "X" when stacking limits apply...

Attached save game is from the land movement phase, and it seems you can move a full stack of CW units into Antwerpen despite there already being a US division there, but if you switch to the US the stacking limits do apply, and once you have switched to US the limits henceforth also applies to the CW [&:]

Spenser

The program will often let you overstack units when returning them to port (at various points in the sequence of play). But it should warn you about that and ask whether you want to actually overstack the hex. Perhaps the code is only checking the naval stacking limits?
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

Hi!
Well, that is the case during return to base but when i noticed that Antwerpen was already overstacked, i reloaded the game in the land movement phase and found that i could overstack with CW units as described.
So the problem is that the game lets me overstack during land movement, this must surely be a bug?

Spenser
Shannon V. OKeets

Hi!
Well, that is the case during return to base but when i noticed that Antwerpen was already overstacked, i reloaded the game in the land movement phase and found that i could overstack with CW units as described.
So the problem is that the game lets me overstack during land movement, this must surely be a bug?

Spenser
Using your saved game I could not reproduce the problem during the land movement phase.

As I described above, it is possible to overstack in a port using naval moves, but the program should warn you about that and force you to correct the problem at the end of the phase.
Steve

BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Hi!

Spenser
Using your saved game I could not reproduce the problem during the land movement phase.

As I described above, it is possible to overstack in a port using naval moves, but the program should warn you about that and force you to correct the problem at the end of the phase.

Steve, I noticed that Spenser's save game that was posted is using a really old version of the code. Version 1.4.0 I think. Is it possible that this problem existed then, and has been subsequently fixed in later builds?

Brian.

Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Hi!

Spenser

Steve, I noticed that Spenser's save game that was posted is using a really old version of the code. Version 1.4.0 I think. Is it possible that this problem existed then, and has been subsequently fixed in later builds?

Brian.

Not that I recall. Stacking limits of land units is handled by really ancient code (from the 1990's). But the ability to overstack by moving naval transports into port carrying land units is possible - hopefully with a warning by the program about the impending overstacking.
Steve

Return to “Tech Support”