GD1938 Game 21

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

RE: GD1938 Game 21

Post by cpdeyoung »

Yes.
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

It appears that I need some supplemental graphics for use with this scenario. I am getting an error when I attempt to open the game file.

Code: Select all

---------------------------
 WindowsApplication1
 Did not find: S:\Steam\steamapps\common\Advanced Tactics Gold\graphics/XX Century graphics\WWI Riflemen.jpg  Do you want to continue?
 Yes   No   

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

That error is probably because you have not installed the Mod...

You will find it in the scenario bank on the advancedtactics.org site.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

That error is probably because you have not installed the Mod...

You will find it in the scenario bank on the advancedtactics.org site.

Which mod do I need to install?
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

• Advanced Tactics Gold
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The French and the British, its not obvious to start with but France and Britain will need to transfer supply from their colonies, Great Britain has Canada South Africa and India as a sources of supply you can manually transfer supply. France will run out of supply if the French do not transfer supply from Indo-China every turn you can transfer into Marseille to avoid interdiction by the Germans, if France is at war with Italy as well then France will run out of supply quickly unless you can get the British to transfer supply to the French or accumulate 200 PP to build a chemical plant.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

The French and the British, its not obvious to start with but France and Britain will need to transfer supply from their colonies, Great Britain has Canada South Africa and India as a sources of supply you can manually transfer supply. France will run out of supply if the French do not transfer supply from Indo-China every turn you can transfer into Marseille to avoid interdiction by the Germans, if France is at war with Italy as well then France will run out of supply quickly unless you can get the British to transfer supply to the French or accumulate 200 PP to build a chemical plant.

I didn't know that. One turn wasted. :-) I guess I know now what I need to do next turn. Thanks for letting me know about this.
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

I want to take a look at things. Can I open my last turn and use it to look around? Is that allowed? Will it create some kind of cheat warning?

Also, I use my computer at home on the weekends and my computer at work on the weekdays, so I will generate a cheat warning that I deleted the log files when I switch computers. I guess there is no way to avoid that.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

If you have downloaded the GD1938 mod you can start your own game and play it you can have the AI play the other powers I am afraid the AI will not provide much of a challenge.

The reason a cheat message appears is that you can do recon that you would not take the risk to attempt in the actual game, finding out information that could be useful in the following turn.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I have found as Britain it is wise to build at least one chemical factory in the home islands, the only problem now is you can only build one factory a year so it makes what you build critical. Perhaps we could petition Ernie to allow us to increase the size of our resources too?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I didn't realize about the 1 factory per year rule. However, I never seem able to save 200 and 200 engineer points any more than one time per year anyways!
JRR
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

France will run out of supply if the French do not transfer supply from Indo-China every turn you can transfer into Marseille to avoid interdiction by the Germans

I started up a game against the AI. If I select the HQ in Saigon and select transfer and then select the HQ in Marseille, it says that there is No Navy Connect.

How am I supposed to transfer the supplies?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: tinjaw

France will run out of supply if the French do not transfer supply from Indo-China every turn you can transfer into Marseille to avoid interdiction by the Germans

I started up a game against the AI. If I select the HQ in Saigon and select transfer and then select the HQ in Marseille, it says that there is No Navy Connect.

Until you ally with Britain the Suez and Gibraltar are closed to you.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

You can send them to Brest instead, actually...
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Ya until the Germans attack them then they get interdicted. As fast as some of us attack that is a losing proposition. Ally with Britain. I make that mistake almost every time i solo forget to ally right away.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Ya until the Germans attack them then they get interdicted. As fast as some of us attack that is a losing proposition. Ally with Britain. I make that mistake almost every time i solo forget to ally right away.

Yup. Not much you can do about that.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

I took my first turn during the weekend on a computer I have at home. I am now at work, with a different computer that also has ATG on it. I can take my turn during the day on work days at this second computer, but it will generate a cheat warning that I have removed my log files. If this is a problem, I will have to wait until the evening when I have returned home from work to take my turns.

What is the consensus of the group? Shall I play my turns on two different computers and generate the warnings, or only play at night on the one computer?
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

If it was me, I would just play the turn. People in general will understand that you are not cheating, and that getting the turn faster, means less time waiting for the next one. But that is of course me, I am not playing in the game.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I have no problem with it, I used to have an error on my computer that closed my turn on me and that generated cheat warnings all the time, no one ever complained after I explained
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I completely understand your predicament. I have no problem with you using more than one computer either.
JRR

Return to “Opponents Wanted”