What if mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DOCUP

RE: What if mod

Post by DOCUP »

cdnice: Thanks. It is an interesting question. If you got any suggestion or comments tell me.

Nygiants: I did a quick search of Guam. I seen they had some 6in guns present until the early 30s and sea plane tenders. Got any cliff notes for me from the book?[:D]
cdnice

Post by cdnice »

No comments really. A fore warning of the attack could be a separate mod in and of itself! Ambush groups for the KB ala Midway, SCTF's waiting to pounce on the convoys heading to Phillipines, Ambush force in place for forces heading into British territory.....oh the possibilities lol. Wouldn't be much fun from the Japanese side though if some or all of that happened, would be interesting to see the impact though......maybe when I am retired in twenty years I will play with it a bit....... [;)]
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Dec 7th ambush. HMMM that would be interesting.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Changes:
Japanese:
Added: 2 German CBs (Deutschland), 6 German DDs (1934), 6 Uboats, support ships AO,AS, 3 E boats, and 2 AMC's. 3 Inf Rgts of German/Colonial troops, 3 eng units (1 with CD guns), art, AA, and HQ spread out over 3 bases. Germans have control of their Solomon possessions from before 1914. German AF has 2 squadrons of 109s, 2 squadrons of Stukas, and one flying boat squadron. Main base is at Rabaul.

Still thinking of other changes for the Japanese side. Any ideas?

Allied:
Added: Montana Battleship and CVL Bearn with AC. Australian armored ID, also made 2 more IDs for Australia.

Moved up dates (Dec 6 42): 2 Dunkerque BCs and a few French DDs (6 in all). Some E boats have been moved to Noumea. French have 3 Inf Rgts, 2 eng units (1 with CD guns). French AF has a squadron of D 510's, MS 410, Lat 298, Helldivers, and a PBY squadron. BC Repulse is active from the start now and has been moved to Townsville with 3 DDs.

Other Changes: Colorado class was extended 100ft in length which brought the speed up to 27 knots. P39 got its 2 stage supertubro charger it now has better speed and alt. Marine CD units have the extra infantry and tanks that was authorized. Guam has a Marine CD unit. Not all the Marine CD units are completely flushed out. 8th Marine Rgt is on its way to Pago Pago. Some US squadrons had their AC switched. The A24s made it to the Philippines with their pilots and are ready to party. Dutch gets the New Zealand CAV. Political points have been increase at the beginning.

Mines are increased for both sides. Probably some more but I don't have my notebook infront of me.
DOCUP

French don't Surrrender?

Post by DOCUP »

Been thinking of the back story. What if the French don't surrender, but move the government and as much of the military to one of it's colonies or to Britain? This could explain the larger presence of the French navy. Then we run into the problem of Indochina. Any thoughts.
DOCUP

New Title.

Post by DOCUP »

I am going to add a CVL for the British, a sister ship to the Hermes. Any one got a name for her?

Help me I can't stop thinking about adding new stuff. Is there something wrong with me? Do I have a problem?
koniu

RE: New Title.

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

I am going to add a CVL for the British, a sister ship to the Hermes. Any one got a name for her?
My vote is Apollo. I think You should stick with Greek goods here

Before war RN have HMS Apollo Leander-class light cruiser but she was transfered to Australian Navy in 1938 and renamed
There was also HMS Apollo Abdiel-class minelayer launched in 1943

Or maybe Ares. I don`t find any info about RN ships of that name
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

If you wanted to make the game somewhat plausible for long term german "forces" play in the pacific go with a small initial german force like you are planning.

However the what if is that the Soviet union collapses with the fall of Moscow in 1941 and Germany occupies all of the Soviet union with a railroad advance as envisioned by the real plan.

So by mid to late 1942 The germans have the ports and maybe some of the naval capacity of the Soviet union at its disposal in the far east?

Then you could also add in a reinforcement schedule, or place German/japaense factories in the far east to support these German/Japanese elements....just convert/germanize some of the Soviet vessels if they are already in the game to represent re-furbishement by the germans in 1942/1943.

Gives you more ground to play with and a larger what-if to take liberty of. Then go wild with extra US response due to the immense threat to Alaska.
jakla1027

Post by jakla1027 »

Could you please share the editor stats you have for the P-39's with the 2 stage turbo charger
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

I'd go for either HMS Albion or HMS Bulwark. The post war Centaur-class light fleet carriers were named Centaur (already a c-class cruiser at the time Hermes was built), Albion, Bulwark and Hermes.

I'd go for Albion personally [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Jakla: Its roughly the same as the P 63. I tried to attach a pic but said it was a fake path. I'll try again later.

Koniu: I like Apollo.

Warspite: Thanks.

Still working on things. Any ideas.
jakla1027

Post by jakla1027 »

Just throwing this thought out there. But if I recall correctly, HMS Eagle spent a large amount of her time based in Hong Kong as part of the East China Station. Her & Hermes could be a good duo,as opposed to adding a new Hermes class ship.

Also HMS Argus as another option perhaps?
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Chaos: Sounds interesting, but I only want a small German presence. I like the big idea. Send more my way.

Jakla: Nice ideas. In the BTS mod the US and Japan get and extra CVL each. I cant see the British letting them get a CVL up on them. So I am adding one. Hermes is around the right time frame. Also I don't have to add a new class and art with the Hermes.

I am thinking about adding 2 Tosa Class BBs to Japan and maybe messing around with some other ships. Maybe taking out the Chitose class ships and adding in an actual CVL for the beginning of the war. Have thought about turning the Ryujo into and AKV with a conversion back to a CV at the beginning. I will have to adjust some troops around because of the Germans in this Scen.

American either sell or turn the Ranger into an AKV with conversion and build Wasp as a Yorktown. If the Japanese get the Tosa US/Brit gain a BB also.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Jakla: I will send you the info on my P39 later today.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Jakla here you go had to take a pic of it.

Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (115.38 KiB) Viewed 112 times
DOCUP

RE: Lets talk

Post by DOCUP »

So I have finished most of what I started off accomplish. I am going thru messing with garrison levels now. I will have to start testing it soon.

So lets start a discussion. In this Scenario, the French don't surrender. I am not for sure how to move the backstory. Does the Japs still take Indochina (that's kinda the way I am moving) or do I keep Indochina in French hands (lots of work for me). If I go with Japan takes it or the French Governor sells out to the French. I am thinking of having some of the French forces evacuated. What units and how much of them?

DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Ok, Looks like I made a wrong turn at Albuquerque. France gets Indochine back. I used Skylands mod as a reference and made some changes. I also move the Jap units around. More on them later.

Japanese:
The invasion of Kota Bharu is being launched from Bangkok. Air units are based out of Singora and Patanni. Naval elements are at Bankok to cover this invasion also. Japanese LCUs are moving down into Indochine from Bangkok and Ubon. I have also move some Japanese units into the German Solomon's. There is a surprise at Turk for the JFBs out there.

Anybody want to help me test it and maybe actually play a slow game.
Skyland

Post by Skyland »

Anybody want to help me test it and maybe actually play a slow game.

I am interested in testing it.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Ok Skyland, send me a pm with your email. Also do you have the Shil's for the Sri Aydhya and the Ratanakosin class ships?

Let me know of any problems, fix's or recommendations. One thing I don't like is the plane art during combat animations.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Ok I have made or fooling around with 2 mods now.

Mod 1: Germans keep some of their colonies (German New Guinea). As what has been mentioned in this thread. I am going to add the Tosa Class BB for Japan. I might also move some LCUs around.

The Allied side will get an G3 BC at the start. I have to remember to put it in this one. Some LCUs will be moved around also.

Mod 2: French still retain Indochina. Japanese units have been moved around. Japan has to be careful with this one. French units are able to do some damage in this one. I doubt anyone will play the Japanese side on this one.

Allies will get the G3 already present. With some LCUs moved around. Mod one just took off and I couldn't stop the path I was on.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”