update of the manual us letter

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

schascha

update of the manual us letter

Post by schascha »

The last update is oct 3 2013 (with the last patch).

Is there any chance to have a new one ??? [&o][&o][&o]
Peltonx

RE: update of the manual us letter

Post by Peltonx »

I believe they are working on it
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
mktours

Post by mktours »

ORIGINAL: schascha

The last update is oct 3 2013 (with the last patch).

Is there any chance to have a new one ??? [&o][&o][&o]
Yes, please update the manual! I do want to try the new patch, but the change log file is completely unreadable! I close it after 10 seconds whenever I open the file.
morvael

Post by morvael »

This is not something I can help you with, the core patch team is already overloaded with making the patches, and we even don't have the manual source file. Updated version was promised for 1.08.03, but it was not delivered.
mktours

Post by mktours »

ORIGINAL: morvael

This is not something I can help you with, the core patch team is already overloaded with making the patches, and we even don't have the manual source file. Updated version was promised for 1.08.03, but it was not delivered.
Sad to know this, it is a pity. Without a good manual, it is impossible to play the new patch, especially for people who don't have much time to study the new change.
Thanks for your hard work, Morvael. Wite is a good game and it is nice to get people like you to help improving it.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

An updated manual is in progress, but the completion date is hard to predict.

The change notes are the best place to go in the meantime and it is quite possible to read the latest version of the manual and then the change notes to get up to speed.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mktours

Post by mktours »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

An updated manual is in progress, but the completion date is hard to predict.

The change notes are the best place to go in the meantime and it is quite possible to read the latest version of the manual and then the change notes to get up to speed.

Regards,

- Erik
Thanks for the reply, but the change notes really are unhelpful as there are too many changes from 1.07 to 1.08, so I could only wait for the updated manual.
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

I'm new to the game as well. You can ignore a lot of the change notes that have to do with device changes since that stuff insn't in the manual anyway. Just look at the new features sections. Its really not that much if you just focus on those things. I went through the manual a couple months ago, then looked at the changes. Most of it I don't really need the specifics of until I want to do it in game, then I refresh my memory by pulling out the PDF.
- Mark
mktours

Post by mktours »

ORIGINAL: uw06670

I'm new to the game as well. You can ignore a lot of the change notes that have to do with device changes since that stuff insn't in the manual anyway. Just look at the new features sections. Its really not that much if you just focus on those things. I went through the manual a couple months ago, then looked at the changes. Most of it I don't really need the specifics of until I want to do it in game, then I refresh my memory by pulling out the PDF.
Thanks for the recommendations. I have perused the old manual for one week before I did my first game, so I am a bit unwilling to spend much time to study the new rules, the change notes are really too much to me, I think I would just waiting for the updated manual, which would save me some time.
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

I just was ready to post the below to the forum, but then realized 1) i can't post a PDF (ARGH!) and 2) my PDF is 674KB. My rules PDF is 674KB, two strikes. So, given having the below to share with everyone, HOW do i share it? I just PM'ed Morvael also, assuming he is available. Ideas?

Hey yall...

Giving back to the forum here for all the help yall have given me. In order to understand the game, i made my own set of condensed and updated rules (to version 1.08.03 at the moment). This will be a 'living' set of rules for me, in which i will add new updates where the updates need to go.

Some notes on these rules:

1) They are 'condensed' in that i didn't put ALL the rules in here (i.e. sections that i didn't need to re-read or that were just extra not important things that i knew i would would remember are left out), but most of the main rule are here.

2) They are grouped together. For example, all the various sections regarding air rules are under the main heading 'Air Rules', but they kept their original rules section # (i.e. 5.3.8)

3) I have separated out LOTS of paragraphs that all ran together such that they are much easier on the eyes to read now. Spaces in between the break points in what is being discussed, i think that helps a lot!

4) My favorite thing, they are highlighted either in yellow (important, must read and understand), or in light blue and underlined (VERY IMPORTANT, MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND, Don't miss this one!). I think that helps to have the important things jump out at you!

5) They are updated to the latest errata, but only the errata that i thought was the most important. I didn't include every deep engine tweak of the production system, only the ones that seemed relevant that i needed to remember and be aware of.

In updating them, the new sections are added with (1.08.00) or (1.08.02) by them just as the other errata (and put where i thought they should go in the rules), AND the sections that they now invalidate in the original rules get MARKED THRU so that you know to ignore that part of the rules now.

Also, anything in a table or rule that changed a number or something like that is now CHANGED IN BOLD RED to the new updated number per the errata. Helps a lot!

6) Lastly, i add my own comments to remember that i think important with an italics 'Note that blah blah' under the appropriate rule. I plan on adding a bunch of these 'Note that...' type things as i learn the game more and more, again, this is a living set of rules that is meant to help me understand the this game the most effective way.

In summary, this is NOT official by any means, it was originally done and is kept up to help me understand the game. I will continue to update it and repost it on the forums as i do. I will update it to 1.08.04, etc also of course.

PLEASE anyone that finds anything wrong in this, especially with my marking out original rules sections and putting in BOLD RED new numbers, etc, let me know. I don't think i made any mistakes, but likely did. If anyone thinks i put some errata in the wrong place, left out something really important from the main rules, or anything similar to improve it, i am open to suggestions, with the idea not to make it perfect, but to add and improve things SO THAT IT MAKES THIS DOCUMENT HELP TO UNDERSTAND THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GAME, including the BASIC parts of the game, not just the errata for the old players.

So, enjoy if it helps you!
Randy
:)
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

Maybe it could be posted as a sticky and i could ask that you send me your email address and i will email you the latest copy of the updated/condensed rules PDF?

That could get to be some work if 300+ people were emailing me for them though.

They are worthy of sharing them with everyone i think. Quite helpful in many ways, so there has to be a way to share them with everyone, and so that the forum knows about them.

Randy
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Create a new thread in 'Scenario and Modding' subforum, zip your PDF and attach it there.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
rainman2015

Post by rainman2015 »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Create a new thread in 'Scenario and Modding' subforum, zip your PDF and attach it there.

Done, thanks for the help. I created a post in this forum also pointing to that forum for the rules.

Randy
mktours

Post by mktours »

Thanks very much for Randy!
It is a great work, and I hope that the Wite team could borrow this work to make the official updated manual being delivered a bit quicker.
The work by Randy is great and really helpful.
One missing message in Randy's work: the minimum Mp now is 6 mp, not 8 mp.
mktours

Post by mktours »

Will still be looking forward to the updated manual.
Randy's work is good, but a updated manual is still needed.
Finding the HQ build up rules quite confusing. Is it still that powerful after many players complain it being too powerful?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”