Strategic aircraft values

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

MTTODD

Strategic aircraft values

Post by MTTODD »

Hi,

The defence values(air/land/naval) of Mitchell/Marauder/havoc are all suspiciously the same! 13/11/11 ?

Sort of worried that they have been hashed together with no attempt at given them realistic values.

Was hoping that the game would give the correct values for all units in the game.

That aside, I think the game is great.
gunnergoz

RE: Strategic aircraft values

Post by gunnergoz »

Out of curiosity, what ratings would you assign them?
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

I don't know!

Just looks odd that they all have the same values.

Would be interested in what the developers have to say.

Thanks.
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

Hi,

Any chance of the developers commenting on my question relating to US aircraft having the same defence values ?

Would appreciate their input on this.

Many thanks.
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

Actually now that I look at them, they all have different air defense values, though the ground and ship values are identical. The Havoc has 15, the Marauder 14 and the Mitchell 13. I suspect this has something to do with their relative durability. As two-engine medium bombers, though, they are all equally vulnerable to flak, be it ground or sea-based, so it kind of makes sense that their values are similar in those categories.

By way of comparison, the B17 is 17/12/12 and the B24 is 16/12/12. The B17 was notoriously durable while the B24 was regarded as less so, at least as far as ability to take battle punishment and still keep flying.
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

Now I am confused.

My version has:

Havoc 13/11/11
Marauder 13/11/11
Mitchell 13/11/11
B17 16/12/12

I have only played the tutorial missions so don't know B24 values

Are you playing with a later version ?
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

I'm playing the version with the quick fix. I suspect the data was updated for it, expect more such tweaks when the full patch comes out.
-Old Russian saying
Simulacra53

Post by Simulacra53 »

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

Actually now that I look at them, they all have different air defense values, though the ground and ship values are identical. The Havoc has 15, the Marauder 14 and the Mitchell 13. I suspect this has something to do with their relative durability. As two-engine medium bombers, though, they are all equally vulnerable to flak, be it ground or sea-based, so it kind of makes sense that their values are similar in those categories.

By way of comparison, the B17 is 17/12/12 and the B24 is 16/12/12. The B17 was notoriously durable while the B24 was regarded as less so, at least as far as ability to take battle punishment and still keep flying.

The B-24 had the so-called Davis wing which was aerodynamically more refined, but less capable of absorbing battle damage.

i'm curious to learn what the medium bomber numbers are based on.
Simulacra53
Free Julian Assange

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”