[FIXED B732] Exclusion Zones and Area Triggers Not Working As Expected

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

stilesw

[FIXED B732] Exclusion Zones and Area Triggers Not Working As Expected

Post by stilesw »

My goal was to have a U.S. commercial flight launch from Hawaii with Seoul, Korea as its destination (similar to the September 1, 1983 Korean Air Lines Flight 007). When it gets between Japan and the Korean peninsula it was to hit a Russian exclusion zone designating it as hostile and launching a Russian AAW patrol that shoots it down. Then the Russian fighters would return to home base and stand down.

The U.S. Boeing 787 Dreamliner launched and headed for Seoul but when it entered the exclusion zone nothing happened - no hostile designation and no Russian fighter launch. After much experimentation I found that it would work correctly if I started with the Dreamliner in the air and no more than about 2100 miles from the exclusion zone. It changed to hostile, the fighters launched, shot it down and returned to base. Over ~2100 miles and nada. Interestingly, no matter how close I dragged the Honolulu airport to the exclusion zone that flight would never trigger the activity.

I am curious as to why the triggers do not work if the aircraft is over ~2100 miles distant and not at all if the flight starts with a take off from an airport.

Running CMANO V1.071 Build 678.3. Thanks for any insight, scenario attached.
Attachments
Flight007.zip
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Exclusion Zones and Area Triggers Not Working As Expected

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Thanks, Logged!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
ComDev

RE: Exclusion Zones and Area Triggers Not Working As Expected

Post by ComDev »

Thanks! Fixed [:D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”