Traded Resource Nightmare

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

Traded Resource Nightmare

Post by TeaLeaf »

Hi guys,
I just stumbled upon the following:
1. China and the CW have a trade agreement. 1 non-oil resource CW -> China.
2. CW sends the 'Non-Larut', Malayan Resource. I went through a lot of trouble getting it right, because the game didn't let me send 'Larut', no matter what I tried. It wanted to send some resource from Britain to China but I could not replace that with the Larut-one.
Only after I selected the Non-Larut resource I could magically get it right immediately.
3. Turns later, the game suddenly wanted to send the Cyprus resource to China (instead of the Malayan one) but I made no such changes. Nor were there any convoys lost. Once again I could not 'convince' the game to resume sending the Malayan resource, no matter what I tried. It seemed the resource was suddenly prohibited.
4. Only by selecting the Larut-resource could I fix this without any problems.
5. I made a save at this point ("Trade resource Good"). But after the CW done their oil-reorganisation, Larut is suddenly prohibited as well and the CW has started to send its Burmese oil-resource to China instead! I saved the game again at this point ("Trade Resource Bad").

6. Reloading both savegames to check, however, didn't reproduce the problem...
7. Reloading an autosave did reproduce the sudden 'Cyprus inclusion' (point 3 above), but after just saving the game for proof, the problem magically solved itself as well!

I am at a total loss but decided to describe the problem nonetheless, because something fishy is happening with trading a malayan resource to China anyway...
Attachments
TradeResource.zip
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Centuur

RE: Traded Resource Nightmare

Post by Centuur »

Can't see anything wrong with either of those gamesaves. In both saves, the Larut resource is going to Kunming.

However, if there are too much "Default" settings to go though a sea zone (as compared to the number of convoy points there), the program will recompute things. I don't know if that was what has happened...
Peter
TeaLeaf

RE: Traded Resource Nightmare

Post by TeaLeaf »

ORIGINAL: Centuur
Can't see anything wrong with either of those gamesaves. In both saves, the Larut resource is going to Kunming.
Yes, as expected (point 6 of OP). Kind of silly me to include those saves but I hoped some1 might still get some usefull information out of them.
ORIGINAL: Centuur
However, if there are too much "Default" settings to go though a sea zone (as compared to the number of convoy points there), the program will recompute things. I don't know if that was what has happened...
What is too much?
As far as I can recall, there are 3 CONVs in the Bay of Bengal, with 2 "Defeault" Settings:
1. 1 Malayan Resource to China,
2. 2 Dutch oil to be saved at Calcutta.
Unless the Burmese oil saving at Rangoon is also counted?

Anyway, I have another save from point 3 of my original post (Cyprus Resource to China).
I couldn't fix this back to the original situation, namely Cyprus=Idle and Non-Larut Malayan resource to China. I accidentally fixed the problem by selecting the Larut-Resource instead.
Attachments
Cyprus.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 1 time

Return to “Tech Support”