sad, but expected

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bush

sad, but expected

Post by bush »

I woke this morning to hear some local newscaster blathering on about the "70th Anniversary of the end of WW2." What a slap in the face of all the Pacific vets.
PeteG662

RE: sad, but expected

Post by PeteG662 »

Misinformed fool. On a side note though the VE celebration here in DC includes a bunch of favorites in a massive flyover. Have link in my post.

Tallyman
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

VE day always seems to get more traction than VJ day. I guess being first in war is the same as peace....
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Not sure if your serious or not.

In case your education is lacking it is the 70th anniversary of the Victory in Europe day. E.g. VE day. This is as opposed to VJ day. I'll let you work that out.
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

VE day always seems to get more traction than VJ day. I guess being first in war is the same as peace....

The truth is simply that the war in Europe was vastly more important than the war in the Pacific in terms of it's impact on world history.

That's not to say that the Pacific theater wasn't important, but center-stage was always the struggle in Europe.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Well as many political scientists say, the 20th Century was the century of the Atlantic Ocean, the 21st will be about the Pacific Ocean....
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Well as many political scientists say, the 20th Century was the century of the Atlantic Ocean, the 21st will be about the Pacific Ocean....

Which is another reason VJ Day tends to be less of a celebration than VE Day. Japan, China and the two Korea's tend to bandy words back and forth regarding the war, and it isn't in the interest of the US to encourage it.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Tallyman662

Misinformed fool. On a side note though the VE celebration here in DC includes a bunch of favorites in a massive flyover. Have link in my post.

Tallyman

I didn't hear about it until lunchtime when it was happening. I was annoyed, because I was actually downtown that day and could have gone down to see it.

Is there a video up somewhere?
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: bushpsu

I woke this morning to hear some local newscaster blathering on about the "70th Anniversary of the end of WW2." What a slap in the face of all the Pacific vets.

True. People don't know stuff anymore. I was dumbfounded when the Presidential Press Secretary (Dana Perino) didn't know what the Cuban Missile Crisis was. [X(]

Of course, I'm habitually dumb and too much so to know what "founded" means when combined with "dumb". Maybe born stupid? [:D]

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I do know that the Titanic was dumbfoundered.

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

[8|]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
sanch

Post by sanch »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

[8|]

+1
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: sanch

[8|]

+1

You're only encouraging me. [:'(]

obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: sanch

[8|]

+1

You're only encouraging me. [:'(]

[8|]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

I don't get it
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”