Two issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

sherlock1

Two issues

Post by sherlock1 »

Placing cursor over unit nothing happens other than showing terrain. Tried left clicking, escape and space bar. After leaving game and returning this may occur again. Using the + or - keys to select units, rapidly it finally access the unit. Second issue when exiting game, title screen remains locked until I use the task manage to end it. I'm running 1.03 beta.
sherlock1

RE: Two issues

Post by sherlock1 »

I uninstalled the game. Reinstalled it with only the set up and update 101. This seemed to work, however when I add the 102 the problems starts. did a uninstall and reinstall using this time the beta 103 with the same problems.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

I see in the DxDiag you sent to the help desk that your system is showing several mouse devices, and it might be that BAB is not receiving click messages from the mouse you are using properly. If you have different mouse devices, can you try some of the other ones and see whether they work? If they do, then there might be something -- say, in the settings of your wireless mouse -- that you might be able to change to allow it to work better with BAB.

Are you able to click on any buttons at all? Is it only the units that are non-responsive to your mouse-clicks? I presume you have been trying to click on the units you control and not on enemy units (those would not respond to left-clicks).

Are you using a dual monitor configuration or any software that customizes your desktop or similar? Although BAB should work with such a configuration (I use dual monitors here), sometimes these sorts of things can cause the mouse position to be reported to the application incorrectly.

When you say the title screen remains locked when you exit the game, do you mean the little splash screen with the game logo on it, or the main menu screen?
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Its the splash screen that locks. Also uninstalled the mouse device I didn't know was there When I click the exit the game button it goes to the splash screen and then returns to the main screen. I then have to click on the exit button again which freezes the splash screen
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

I am not sure why the splash screen is persisting. Were you playing single player or pbem or both?

Were you zoomed out far when the mouse clicks weren't working? We have a reported issue that some hexes seem to be unclickable at certain parts of the map when the view is zoomed out far. You might be seeing this same issue. If so, try playing for a little at normal zoom and see whether that helps.
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Playing single player Use the NATO chits most of the time

Return to “Tech Support”