Request for DaBabes scenario data revision

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Barb

Request for DaBabes scenario data revision

Post by Barb »

Hello,
I am currently playing DBB-C scen 28 as allies, altough I am not sure which version (I will fill it in) :)

I have noticed many inaccuracies in allied ship arrivals (in editor), especially US Destroyers and Submarines -
Some DDs are not included in game at all (so far I had noticed 10), and some subs are arriving months in advance of their actual arrivals.

I will scan through my notes to pick up the one I have noticed, time-wise. I am asking other players that notice this kind of inaccuracies to present them in this thread for correction.

Example:
USS Barb (SS-220) - supported invasion of North Africa (off Safi on 8th November 1942). Operating from Rosneath, Scotland until 1st July 1943, then proceeded to New London, Connecticut arriving on 24th July 1943. Arrived at Pearl Harbor in September 1943.
Yet this sub is operational in game in October 1942 already (not sure about the precise editor arrival date).
US87891

RE: Request for DaBabes scenario data revision

Post by US87891 »

I thank you for your input. However, what we do with Babes updates is fix data bugs. Unfortunately, arrival dates are not considered bugs. If we were to consider one person’s dates, for one set of ships, can you imagine what we would have to do for everyone else with similar requests?

That’s the primary reason John took the Babes scenarios out of the official Matrix Scen 1-25 box. People will always have their own view as to data. Data, in Babes scenarios can be modified at will. John has long since waived any and all IP issues.

There is a reason that the original developers gave you an editor program and the WitploadAE utility. They are there for you. Use them freely. Use them wisely.

Matt

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”