Order of Battle: Pacific Reviews and Awards

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

Templer_12

Order of Battle: Pacific Reviews and Awards

Post by Templer_12 »

9/10 - PCGamesN
Order of Battle is that dramatic, and the scenarios can be that finely-balanced. Once I start a scenario, I find it almost impossible to quit until I’ve seen it through to the end. Fast, approachable, and challenging, it is everything I want in a wargame.

88% - Armchair General
Overall, this is the Pacific Theater of Operations Panzer General many gamers have been waiting for.

75% - GameStar (German)
Order of Battle: Pacific offers more richness than Panzer Corps,...

8.0 - GameWatchers
This being the Pacific you’re not just going to be slumming it on land.
The Pacific Theatre finally gets the attention it deserves.

XXX - Gazette du wargamer (French)
...without wanting to impose a subjective point of view, we must recognize that our enthusiasm should speak volumes about the quality of this title.

8.5/10 - N4G
Order of Battle: Pacific is the best strategy title of the year so far, offering a new take on a period that many gamers believe is no longer interesting from a video game point of view.

XXX - Warfare History Network
If you're looking for an immersive strategy title that lets you play around with history a little, definitely give Order of Battle: Pacific a try.

7.5 - Everyeye.it (Italian)
The work of The Artistocrats in this sense seems to have hit the mark.

Myrddraal

RE: Order of Battle: Pacific Reviews and Awards

Post by Myrddraal »

Thanks Templer, that's a handy list. We're chuffed with the PCGamesN review, in particular I personally like this quote:
Then, with my entire army teetering, I hit “end turn.” Then I did something that never happens outside of a boardgame with friends: I stood up from my desk and watched the AI take its turn while I rocked back and forth and nervously rubbed at my jaw. I was too anxious to sit in my chair
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Nice scores! I guess chuffed is good, he asks embarrassingly?
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I guess chuffed is good, he asks embarrassingly?

Half of the time I don't know what the guy is talking about either... Especially when the subject is AI code [8|]

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”