system requirements

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

Agathosdaimon

system requirements

Post by Agathosdaimon »

I am wondering what is the reason that teh system requirements say the graphics card should NOT be integrated - what kind of cards does this fall under

I run a laptop with i7 2ghz multicore win 7 8gb ram, and also 1gb card nv 540m - it has been serving me quite well over the past few years and i can still play alot of new games on it as well as teh SoW games -so i am wondering will it be sufficient for Waterloo?
zakblood

RE: system requirements

Post by zakblood »

no beta info as it wasn't done here, seems an internal so can't make a comment
Product Requirements :
MINIMUM
CPU: Dual Core 1.5 GHz CPU or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video: 256 MB Dedicated Video Card with DirectX 9.0c or higher. Video card should NOT be integrated on motherboard, but should be separate, no shared memory
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Free
DirectX Version: 9.0c (Included)
Resolution: Variable, 1024x768 minimum

so card and not on chip based, or low end and shared memory same as used on most business laptops, so no 64mb chips with 2gb shared mode, seems a fair comment, but rather vague also, as all won't have been tested so it will be try and see, as medium to high ones may, with low end not
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

These are the same requirements as for Gettysburg. If you can run any of the GB titles, you can run Waterloo.

Some of the old shared memory systems would not run GB even though they reported as having more than 256 MB of available video memory.

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

okay cool, thanks for the confirmation on the requirements!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

look forward to the feed later tonight and see it in action then, as not seen any other games in the series or same engine etc either
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”