Brother Against Brother Updated to Version 1.02

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Daniele

Brother Against Brother Updated to Version 1.02

Post by Daniele »

Good news soldier!

Patch 1.0.2 is finally released!

Here the full changelog
You can download the patch here or in the download section

Patch 1.02
• Fix no smoke on save file load issue

• Fix 1366 resolution issues

• Fix remaining odd issues related to PBEM and window focus (Change: Turn off weather sound when weather graphic is turned off)

• Reduced chance of finding a leader casualty from 5% to 3% and added requirement that at least 10 casualties have been caused on both sides during the combat phase.

• Change to AI to increase aggression (should help w/ Blackburn's Ford)

• Fix music playing bug

• Change: misinterpret orders rule is now always in effect for pbem games

• Now using star chit for commanders

• Now showing echelon colors in hierarchy box

• Increased the frame rate

• Change: Select higher echelons in OOB with click; show selected unit/echelons in OOB

• Change: Longrange move should be possible even inside move area

• Possible fix: History graph buttons being interfered by unit buttons in short resolutions
marcpennington

RE: Brother Against Brother Updated to Version 1.02

Post by marcpennington »

Just to clarify--- from the patch notes, it doesn't look like this official patch includes the stuff from the 1.03 beta. So I assume for those of us who like the changes in 1.03, we should stick with the beta for now?
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Yes -- if you're using the 1.03 beta there is no reason to roll back. Only those still playing 1.01 need to upgrade.

This patch has been released on the 153rd anniversary of the Battle of Williamsburg. I'd hoped to get a beta-version of a new Williamsburg scenario out today as another commemoration, but that's taken longer than I expected. But, on the plus side, the OOB work I'm doing for it will enable me to make a new historical scenario devoted to the May 4th cavalry pursuit as well. So, two new Williamsburg scenarios coming soon, one in the next day or so.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sounds good to me, will take them away on Friday when i go again on hols, thanks
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
shoelessbivouac

Post by shoelessbivouac »

Good to know (still playing with the beta 1.03, although I just experienced a crash in the Williamsburg standard scenario, right after I ordered Jenkins HQ to march up towards Redoubt 9 ... I believe a mouse hover / click somehow caused the freeze. If it continues, I'll try to document it).

In any case, kudos to you, Gil, for introducing me to a new battlefield - Williamsburg - that I have yet to play in any previous board or pc game. The battle map is chock full of varying terrain features, offering considerable replay value, I believe. Really well done!
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours --R. Bach
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

• Change: Select higher echelons in OOB with click; show selected unit/echelons in OOB

I thought Eric or Gil said this was not fixed yet, the sentence in bold font.

Did this get added to the patch?

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”