Gilbraltar Airbase

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

MikeGreen

Gilbraltar Airbase

Post by MikeGreen »

Not sure if rule or bug: I try to rebase a plane from Britain to Gibraltar, It says I exceed stacking limits. Only plane here now a CV plane on a CV. I should be able to base 3 for Major Port. Even if that is negated for some reason at Gibraltar, I have a HQ there so should be able to land 1 for Mountain's 0 + HQ bonus.

I attached file if it is a bug.

Mike
Attachments
Br_Air_Rebase.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Orm

RE: Gilbraltar Airbase

Post by Orm »

The bug here is that you get the wrong 'error message'. The aircraft can not be rebased because Gibraltar is out of rebase range. Unfortunately this gets reported as if stacking is the issue. I think that this is fixed in the latest, closed, beta version.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (92.15 KiB) Viewed 22 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Gilbraltar Airbase

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Orm

The bug here is that you get the wrong 'error message'. The aircraft can not be rebased because Gibraltar is out of rebase range. Unfortunately this gets reported as if stacking is the issue. I think that this is fixed in the latest, closed, beta version.

Yes.

But the wrong warning message only appears when distance is between 2x and 3x the unit's range, with the optional rule for 3x rebase On, and enemy units blocking the most direct path (i.e., the 3x range has to go around enemy control of sea areas).

For example, if the unit's range is 10, the direct distance is 25, and if you have to go around enemy controlled hexes/sea areas, the distance is 32.

---

In any case, the message is now correct in version 1.4.0.2.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”