This is getting annoying....

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Gilmer

This is getting annoying....

Post by Gilmer »

This unified login system does not work. How many times do I have to reset my password, to then try and use that password, and be told "invalid login attempt".

What the hell is going on?

In some places it works, in others it doesn't. I don't get it.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
VPaulus

RE: This is getting annoying....

Post by VPaulus »

Assuming that you have merged correctly your accounts in the unified login system (SSL), you only need to login in the page below for resetting your account's password:
http://samelogin.slitherine.com/Account ... urnUrl=%2F
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Correct, if the usernames are the same in all accounts.
Please note that Matrix and Slitherine sites are built in two completely different systems, so the login is not remembered across them.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Sorry, but it was annoying. I asked for a reset, got it. Then when I tried to log in on one site, it said, "Invalid password". That was kinda sorta annoying.

Edit: I mean, sorry that I posted while being upset. I usually do not.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
radic202

Post by radic202 »

I get the exact same problem........so much so that I have stopped loging in to the Slitherline site just to avoid resetting my password over and over again, I simply just come here instead where my login and password are saved.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

If after reseting the password, on the site i previuosly mentioned, you still experience issues with the login, please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk or open a helpdesk ticket and we can check your accounts.
It's possible that the accounts you have merged under the unified login system, aren't the right ones. That's the most commonm rason why passwords are not accepted.
When contacing us please provide your accounts details (username and password).
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

JosephM

Post by JosephM »

Hello Chemkid (and all concerned),

The issue with trying to retain the login across the different sites is that they are completely different sites, running on different infrastructure. The Unified login is the first stage in what we hope is a completely unified site, but there is still a lot of work to be done. In fact a lot of it is still being discussed on how it will even be implemented, as there is so much to do.

Again Ageod is another issue. The guys there are completely on top of their own site, and we like them to be quite independent, but this means that the Ageod site isn't even part of the unified login, although it shares the same store as Matrix. Currently I don't think we have any plans to integrate Ageod, and I don't think anything will happen on that until after the Slitherine/Matrix are much more unified.

And finally, the forums will eventually be merged, but you are right about the loss of posts. Both Slitherine and Matrix changed their forums about 10 years ago and we lost a lot on both forums, so when we come to bring them together we'll certainly be hoping to take all the archives with us. However don't worry, that is still relatively far off and still also quite speculative at this stage. But it is something which will be needed, even just to ensure they remain compatible with the modern hardware and software.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

operating

Post by operating »

Joseph M,

When you say:
And finally, the forums will eventually be merged
I hope you mean that the Matrix forum format will be the one implemented. To me this forum has been the most user friendly of the two (easier to read for one and accessing threads two, recognizing avatars three and also who is responding to what thread or rather who is responding to a particular "post") (The Slitherine postings don't afford that luxury).

Concerned, Bob
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: operating

Joseph M,

When you say:
I hope you mean that the Matrix forum format will be the one implemented. To me this forum has been the most user friendly of the two (easier to read for one and accessing threads two, recognizing avatars three and also who is responding to what thread or rather who is responding to a particular "post") (The Slitherine postings don't afford that luxury).

Concerned, Bob
warspite1

+ 1 billion. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep the layout of this forum the same - it is so easy to read, to navigate and to use.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Joseph M

And finally, the forums will eventually be merged, but you are right about the loss of posts. Both Slitherine and Matrix changed their forums about 10 years ago and we lost a lot on both forums, so when we come to bring them together we'll certainly be hoping to take all the archives with us. However don't worry, that is still relatively far off and still also quite speculative at this stage. But it is something which will be needed, even just to ensure they remain compatible with the modern hardware and software.

When that happens, you will lose a lot of old-timers on the forums. For those in the legacy games like WiTP:AE that have been contributing for a decade or more, many will not re-create their identity and you will lose the guidance and history of the old guard. This could have a fundamental effect on the game support, the game development (patches, whatnot) and ultimately the game sales and longevity itself.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: operating

Joseph M,

When you say:

Concerned, Bob

I have to echo the concerns... this is the easiest forum to navigate by far. The "new looks" on other forums just confuse the heck out of me and I've pretty much abandoned them except when I have a specific question I need answered. For casual daily browsing? [:'(] I rarely visit the Slitherine forum to be honest. It just doesn't feel comfortable.

Sometimes simple and straightforward beats the heck out of flashy "new" programming tricks.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Orm

Post by Orm »

Sometimes simple and straightforward beats the heck out of flashy "new" programming tricks.
You said it. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The forums are practically identical in the way a thread is presented so what is it you prefer about Matrix? The issue is this forum software is horribly old and needs updating so has to change to a more modern system but we obviously don't want to upset anyone :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

Just don't put too many bells and whistles on it. Doing so just adds that many more things to go wrong. I don't use any social networking and most other "newfangled" notions. Simplicity and practicality mean the most to me.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Iain

As you say the layout is pretty similar - it's amazing though how little things add up. What is better about the Matrix forum?

- Something as simple as the colour scheme (much easier on the eyes)
- The font size (presumably this can be changed but the Matrix layout is so easy to read - other forums like Slitherine are too much like an AEGOD game where the font size is too small and thus difficult to read.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
- The font size (presumably this can be changed but the Matrix layout is so easy to read - other forums like Slitherine are too much like an AEGOD game where the font size is too small and thus difficult to read.
If you press CTRL + Mouse Wheel (Up/Down) you can zoom (in/out) any Internet page. This value will remain stored in your browser's settings, so you don't need to do redefine it again each time you come to that site.
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

ORIGINAL: warspite1
If you press CTRL + Mouse Wheel (Up/Down) you can zoom (in/out) any Internet page. This value will remain stored in your browser's settings, so you don't need to do redefine it again each time you come to that site.

Dang. Learn something everyday! [:D]
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3

Return to “General Discussion”