Is Official 1.01 the Same as 1.03 Beta?

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Moltke71

Is Official 1.01 the Same as 1.03 Beta?

Post by Moltke71 »

Subject says it all.
Jim Cobb
Gil R.

RE: Is Official 1.01 the Same as 1.03 Beta?

Post by Gil R. »

No, very different. 1.01 solved some coding issues that were discovered too late to fix for the initial release, while 1.03 has a mixture of bug fixes, new features, UI and graphics changes based on player requests, AI improvements, scenario improvements, and the first new post-release scenario. Plus some stuff I'm forgetting, no doubt.

1.02, which has a lot of what I just described, is being released tomorrow (the anniversary of the Battle of Williamsburg!). Unclear when 1.03 becomes an official patch, but I should add that if there is a need for a PBEM hot-fix to it that would go up this week as well. (I am right now on a Skype meeting in which the recently reported PBEM problems being reported are being discussed -- our top priority right now.)

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

No, 1.01 was the release version (an at-release update). There was then 1.02 beta, which is going official as 1.02 tomorrow and the new 1.03 beta which was just posted last week.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Erik, I got here firstest with the mostest.

(Fun typo: I first wrote "I got her firstest with the mostest." Good thing I sometimes proofread my posts before clicking on "OK.")
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Now, now, don't fight. [;)] Thanks, guys.
Jim Cobb

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”