Trying to register game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

LuckyJim1010

Trying to register game

Post by LuckyJim1010 »

And it tells me my key is already registered
Any ideas?
budd

RE: Trying to register game

Post by budd »

if you were signed in to the members area when you purchased, it should of registered it already.
Check your game list when signed into the members area. If thats not it, no idea.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

If you still have the problem you should report it to the Help Desk (or Support, or whatever Matrix calls it). This forum is for issues specific to BAB, so you'll get a faster response there on something registration-related, instead of waiting for Matrix staff to see your post here.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
LuckyJim1010

Post by LuckyJim1010 »

Thanks Gil. Will do.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

WCS doesn't have anything to do with the serial numbers, the downloads, or the physical product, so Gil is right, please report these sorts of issues to the help desk.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Just FTR, this sounds virtually identical to a problem I've been having with my Flashpoint Campaign: Red Storm serial number. It works fine for first log in to the Slitherine servers, but then gives the registered to another user error. It works fine again if one deletes the .ini file and manually enter the password details again. But then one needs to repeat... It's being looked at over there, though not resolved as far as I know, but I post here just so if anyone from Matrix in that area notices, it does seem a wider problem.

And also FTR, my login to BAB works fine, as does every other game I've tried to log into the Slitherine servers recently with. If I had to make a gut guess, it's tied to the consolidation of logins for Slitherine/ Matrix, or some weird encryption bug. If you ever get a solution, please let me know.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Happened to me on Battle Academy 2 Kursk. Purchased on-line signed in so game was registered automatically. However it did not show up on my list of games. When I tried to register again it said already registered. I did a help ticket and they were able to ad it to my list so all ok.

It was registered to me but didn't show, maybe map66 idea of consolidation of logins could be correct but the good news is the help ticket was able to resolve the issue.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

I'll try a help ticket myself--- again a Flashpoint Campaigns issue and not a BAB one.

Again, though, I know Erik as well as other of the more central Matrix people are monitoring this forum fairly closely these days, so hopefully they'll be able to look into it and find a more global solution.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Yes, Erik and VPaulus do spend time here, but anyone with a registration issue will be much better off reporting it directly. Especially on weekends, when there is less forum support.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: map66

Just FTR, this sounds virtually identical to a problem I've been having with my Flashpoint Campaign: Red Storm serial number. It works fine for first log in to the Slitherine servers, but then gives the registered to another user error. It works fine again if one deletes the .ini file and manually enter the password details again. But then one needs to repeat... It's being looked at over there, though not resolved as far as I know, but I post here just so if anyone from Matrix in that area notices, it does seem a wider problem.

As far as I know that's an issue only related with Flashpoint Campaign: Red Storm and PBEM server.

ORIGINAL: map66
And also FTR, my login to BAB works fine, as does every other game I've tried to log into the Slitherine servers recently with. If I had to make a gut guess, it's tied to the consolidation of logins for Slitherine/ Matrix, or some weird encryption bug. If you ever get a solution, please let me know.
Probably the problem is related with LuckyJim1010 having several accounts registered under different email addresses. My guess is that the game was probably automatically registered in one of his other accounts. More specifically, in the account registered with the same email address he used for placing the order.

Most of the serial number issues come from users having set multiple accounts [:)]

Again this is not related with Flashpoint Campaigns. That's a problem that the devs and our web admins should fix on the next patch.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Ah KK--- so is a completely unrelated problem. So ignore me here... :) I know from the Flashpoint forums that the issue is being worked on, so hopefully resolved soon.

Return to “Tech Support”