Order of Battle: Pacific

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Order of Battle: Pacific

Post by wings7 »

I just ordered the boxed version [:)], I'm a sucker for printed manuals (plus a Steam key to boot!), this game looks very impressive. I'm also looking forward to the next game in the "Order of Battle" series!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Hotschi

RE: Order of Battle: Pacific

Post by Hotschi »

I ordered d/l only this weekend and am having good fun with this game. Boxed I got Brother against Brother, a very beautiful ACW title.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

I ordered d/l only this weekend and am having good fun with this game. Boxed I got Brother against Brother, a very beautiful ACW title.

Yes, "Brother Against Brother" looks great...it's on my radar! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

This is a pretty good game so far, but more importantly it's about a theatre of war rarely seen in PC games. Would like to see the game go a little further back to the war between Japan and Russia.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Based on screenshots and videos, I make a guess this game is as much like Pacific General as Panzer Corps is like Panzer General. Am I right?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

This is a pretty good game so far, but more importantly it's about a theatre of war rarely seen in PC games. Would like to see the game go a little further back to the war between Japan and Russia.

Yes, I would like to see the action between Japan and Russia! [:)] This is going to be a series so hopefully we will see it in the future!

Patrick
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

I've been playing the Japanese campaign for a few days now, and I must admit, this game can be addictive. Battles, and objectives are clearly identified, with updates if you accomplish interim objectives. I appreciate the way air power works in this game, especially off carriers. Looking forward in continuing my campaign.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

I've been playing the Japanese campaign for a few days now, and I must admit, this game can be addictive. Battles, and objectives are clearly identified, with updates if you accomplish interim objectives. I appreciate the way air power works in this game, especially off carriers. Looking forward in continuing my campaign.

I concur that the game is addictive. I have not had a "just one more turn" game in a long, long time. Looking forward to some modes though.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Return to “General Discussion”