Between the Storms

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

1EyedJacks

Regarding stacking limits

Post by 1EyedJacks »

Michael & John - thanks for the answer.
TTFN,

Mike
DOCUP

RE: Regarding stacking limits

Post by DOCUP »

In BTS the Dutch have very few engineers. Am I missing something?
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Hey guys.

Sorry about not checking the thread for a few days. Will catch up and comment...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

My current game is at August 23rd, 1943.

Haven't found any big glitches to report lately.

I did find a small anomaly in SC upgrades.

Some of the US AMs can convert to SCs.

After they do they are offered an upgrade in early '43.

They are also offered an SC conversion which is a little weird as they are already converted to SCs.

The SC conversion and the upgrade provide the same results.

However, the conversion only takes 14 days while the upgrade takes 18 days.

Obviously, faced with this choice any smart player is going to convert instead of upgrading.

I also wanted to ask what the design intent is for the old BBs to go through a 180 day conversion to a BB?
Hans

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Some of the BBs damaged at Pearl Harbor went through extensive rebuilding while other ships of the same class did not have as extensive a refit. The conversion represents this rebuild and it's an option instead of a standard upgrade because not all ships of the class got that level of rebuild.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
vicberg

Post by vicberg »

I'm getting back into WITP and looking at Scenario 55.

First, I love the work you are doing. I am noticing that with KB-1 and KB-2 (only) doing a PH strike, the results are much less. Is this due to a combo of DBB and RA changes? Is this typical? Compared to a stock attack, it's what I would consider "light" damaged. I have DB set to 10k and TB set to 9K if that makes a difference. With the air strikes, I'm noticing almost as many planes shot down by flak as destroyed on the ground. Tons of damaged planes, but not many destroyed planes. Again, am I doing something wrong? I accepted the setup out of the gate for KB-1, KB-2 and didn't change anything.

Is KB-3 supposed to make the trek to Pearl? It's axis is very different and takes it close to both allied carriers. I figured KB-3 is supposed to support DEI operations.
vicberg

Post by vicberg »

And I just installed the game on the laptop, applied .24 latest release and then applied RA 7.9 and BTS 2.3 per instructions
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

KB-1 and -2 hit PH. I've seen good results and poor ones. I got a POOR one in my game with Michael (BTS--Lite).

KB-3 is for DEI Support or Port Attack: Manila.

Your choices as to target!

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

John Much enjoying RA7.9 now in April 42.

I should advise you that some of the French subs are actually Vichy units some of which were sunk by the allies... no matter this is a what if . But that got my thinking.
How about an alternative scenario with Vichy Islands of South Pacific as axis neutral. That is add some French fleet ( and some troops and planes) saved from Toulon etc and put them in pacific bases. These ships and bases( house rule if nothing else works) may be used by Japan from a date to be agreed. It seems that if the Vichy ships had been deployed in the Pacific they could have caused considerable problems to the allies early on?
BillBrown

RE: Between the Storms

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I readjusted the garrison requirements for my new game vs 1EyedJack in China and India. However, my current game vs John 3rd is now at Christmas '41 and I still have problems meeting many in India. This has effected the Allied players ability to build just forts at some bases in India. I serious believe that the garrison requirements need to be cranked down closer to historical as there isn't enough troops to go around in Dec '41. The Editor proves both Allied and Japanese requirements, so the values can be different for each side.

I just started a BTS as Allies and the garrison requirements are way high. I need more than 2000 AV just to meet garrison requirements, I do not have that much.

China is bad too. I have the troops to meet the garrisons, but then I most of my troops are stuck in cities.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

I'll try to look at the garrisons in RA/BTS this weekend as John is going camping with family. We have already discussed this. i just need to sit down for a few hours and go through what stock has, what RA/BTS has, and find a better middle ground. Probably closer to stock, but with some minor tweaks in large bases.
[center]Image[/center]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Babes might already be different than stock, too.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Michael is going to work on Garrison numbers and we'll see what he comes up with. Dialing it back isn't so bad.

DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Not to hijack the thread. What has happened to the Perfect War mod?
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Stanislav was doing most of the work on that and his life got CRAZY! We had gotten the naval side done and were working on the aircraft if I remember correctly...

DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Thanks
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

We got to 1 Jan 1942 and I started really looking at the upgrade paths and found these problems.
We are using BTS 2.3

Bogue-2 class 923 updates to class 924. Class 924 updates to class 923. My game shows 21 upgrades for the Tangier and the last is a Kent Class CA, but I need a shipyard of 12000+ to get it.

CVL Jacksonville class 955 upgrades to CVL Charlotte class 953. CVL Jacksonville class 956 also upgrades to class 953. There is no way to get the CVL Jacksonville class 956.

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Been meaning to mention a couple of glitches.

I have two Admiral Spruances. One in command of CarDiv 1 and his clone in command of CarDiv 4.

I just sent Hermes in for refit and am apprehensive about checking the duration as the listed stats for the upgrade had all zeros for every category including duration.

I will check the next turn when I get home today and see what duration is listed as the refit began at the end of my last turn.

BTW my game is at October 7, 1943.

Been going smoothly with no major bugs uncovered.
Hans

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

We got to 1 Jan 1942 and I started really looking at the upgrade paths and found these problems.
We are using BTS 2.3

Bogue-2 class 923 updates to class 924. Class 924 updates to class 923. My game shows 21 upgrades for the Tangier and the last is a Kent Class CA, but I need a shipyard of 12000+ to get it.

CVL Jacksonville class 955 upgrades to CVL Charlotte class 953. CVL Jacksonville class 956 also upgrades to class 953. There is no way to get the CVL Jacksonville class 956.

The upgrades SHOULD be straitened out. Any other Allied player seen this issue?

BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

Here is a picture of Tangier. I don't think you intended it to have 21 upgrades.

Attachments
Bopgue2pict1.jpg
Bopgue2pict1.jpg (180.94 KiB) Viewed 16 times

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”