Tactical Keeps Crashing: v1.4 beta

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
jzardos

Tactical Keeps Crashing: v1.4 beta

Post by jzardos »

Started first game as Hadrigel last night and every time I tried tactical combat (only so far vs Mythrol) it crashed at some point during AIs first move. Believe it was around IndexOutOfBounds Exception. Submit reports to errors server each time. Very frustration as I think using tactical combat is important part of the game.

Is this issues already known? If not can I post my save game file somewhere with reproduction steps to get to the crash?

thanks.
Breca

RE: Tactical Keeps Crashing: v1.4 beta

Post by Breca »

Have you tried this Hotfix for Sovereignty EA 1.4 Beta Patch:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312430/di ... 583742791/
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

No. How do I get it?
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

Know it's only still in beta, but can't do any tactical battle yet. Many crashes between turns too. Sometimes have to restart computer to have chance to continue game. No matter what, can't get around AI crashing once it get's into tactical battles.

Any idea when that will be fixed so I can play again?

thanks
henri511

Post by henri511 »

Just opt out of the beta and play with 1.3 until 1.4 is fixed. Many people on the Steam forum have reported the same problem (including me) and there Breca recommends going back to 1.3 if the hotfix does not work.
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

LOL. That fixed it. Horrible patch 1.4 beta. How could that even be released when it didn't even work for anybody. Tactical combat is huge part of game, with that broken no devs knew about it before releasing a beta? That is some hard core beta stuff.

Oh well.

Game is ok. They need to add something between times of building up, when it can get a little boring just ending turns.
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: jzardos

Game is ok. They need to add something between times of building up, when it can get a little boring just ending turns.

+1 on that, especially as a smaller nation.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”