Spotting routed and disordered units

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Ironclad

Spotting routed and disordered units

Post by Ironclad »

I'd earlier asked for routed units to be marked on the map and OOB but that was before I realised that routed units (in sprites, my preferred setting) were clearly identifiable through their broken appearance. However having now checked out disordered units - I find its quite difficult to distinguish between them and routed on the map, until one selects each in turn and the routed show up as having no movement grid unlike the disordered unit. Rather than add anything to the map sprites could routed and disordered have R and D respectively added to their entry on the OOB?

I notice some entries have d5 listed next to their movement points on the OOB what does that represent?
Rekm41

RE: Spotting routed and disordered units

Post by Rekm41 »

Movement points followed by the letter ‘d’ indicate a unit that has
been delayed this turn due to its location in very rough terrain

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!
ericbabe

RE: Spotting routed and disordered units

Post by ericbabe »

That's a good idea.

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”