Supply situation

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

Supply situation

Post by TeaLeaf »

If you look at the picture included, Balbo can be seen in supply, NE of Tirana.
I wonder if this is correct though, since the CW did what the CW does: they destroyed all Italian TRS and CONV in all sea zones of the med and the optional rule "limited overseas supply" is in use.
Truth is, Italy does not own any TRS, AMPHs or CONV anymore because of port attacks and other naval combats, but that aside.

The game lets balbo trace supply to Tirana (2ndary source), which in turn traces a railway supply path to Dubrovnik and from there move along railways to the primary supply source Trieste.
This costs 4R hexes before it can move along railways, but shouldn't this be limited to 2R (since it is raining in the med)?

Something odd is with the map around this area anyway, since a turn earlier, Balbo was able to land from a TRS in the hex directly to the east of the hex currently occupied by him.
I didn't do this, ofc, as this seems to be a violation of the rules...

Game version is 1.3.3
Attachments
Supply.gif
Supply.gif (635.05 KiB) Viewed 136 times
TeaLeaf

RE: Supply situation

Post by TeaLeaf »

Hmm, since I can't properly view the attached GIF, I have to assume this also counts for any1 else.
I'll just upload a zip of the game then.
Attachments
Supply.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

FYI:
After closing the game and restarting it, Balbo now is indeed properly out of supply...
If you can manage to view the GIF (first attachment), you can just see Tirana Illegally tracing 4 non-railway hexes ;-).
Tip: open the GIF and then (right click) save it to a local folder. This should make the saved file normally viewable.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I don't know what to make of this one. We've had problems with the supply calculations before which were difficult to fix because of the recalculation of supply which happens after restoring a game. However, this is the first one which pops up in a long time now...
Peter
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Can't a recalculation happen after each weather roll then (perhaps only in zones where the weather does change), instead of just after restoring a game?
Furthermore, why wouldn't Balbo himself trace 3R hexes to Dubrovnik (considering this would be legal with weather) ;-)?
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Wrong thread.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: TeaLeaf

Can't a recalculation happen after each weather roll then (perhaps only in zones where the weather does change), instead of just after restoring a game?
Furthermore, why wouldn't Balbo himself trace 3R hexes to Dubrovnik (considering this would be legal with weather) ;-)?

In Rain, Balbo can only trace two hexes. And there is a recalculation after each weather roll. Apparently, that one isn't good enough...
Peter
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

[:(].
Well, best of luck finding an answer then. I take it that the difference between the after weather-roll recalculation and the restore-game one is too complex to make it easy to nail the cause...
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Sometimes all you need do is move an HQ on another part of the front and then a recalc is done that fixes an abnormality, then undo the move (if you need to).
Paul
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Just stumbled upon another supply issue...
I think it is related to the OP, but reporting it to be sure.

Hanoi should serve as a secondary supply source for Japanese units after occupation, right?
In the attached game, Japanese units near Kunming are in supply via Hanoi, although Hanoi takes a very strange path to the primary in Japan (crisscross China and Manchuria, even passing the same hexes multiple times) instead of directly via Hanoi->South China Sea->China Sea->Japan, but that aside. Strange supply paths may be business as usual, I don't know. Didn't study supply routes in MWIF ;-).

If I move a Japanese HQ anywhere on the map, Hanoi stops supplying and the units it supplied are now out. I need to reload the game to reinstate the in supply status of units supplied via Hanoi.
Attachments
Hanoi.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: TeaLeaf

Just stumbled upon another supply issue...
I think it is related to the OP, but reporting it to be sure.

Hanoi should serve as a secondary supply source for Japanese units after occupation, right?
In the attached game, Japanese units near Kunming are in supply via Hanoi, although Hanoi takes a very strange path to the primary in Japan (crisscross China and Manchuria, even passing the same hexes multiple times) instead of directly via Hanoi->South China Sea->China Sea->Japan, but that aside. Strange supply paths may be business as usual, I don't know. Didn't study supply routes in MWIF ;-).

If I move a Japanese HQ anywhere on the map, Hanoi stops supplying and the units it supplied are now out. I need to reload the game to reinstate the in supply status of units supplied via Hanoi.

This is strange. It looks like the same bug as with the Baltic States and the USSR...
Peter
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Well, as long as you guys are aware of it and work on fixes I am happy :-). Keep up the good work!

Untill those things are fixed I just agree as a work around to position some HQ's more vulnerable and that my enemy (even if that is me myself) should pretend that this HQ is not really there (and thus, not attack or bombard it). Or I reload the game whenever I need those units to be in supply.

Return to “Tech Support”