Civilian Passenger ship transportation issue

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Korashy

Civilian Passenger ship transportation issue

Post by Korashy »

Hello Everyone,

I've been running into this issue in my last two games, where come mid game (once I have discovered most other empires) my colony growth just completely stagnates because all of my civilian Passenger ships are busy shipping tourists around instead of transporting migrants (I play on the largest map settings, meaning it takes them forever), this leads to me having a bunch of max population planets with extremely high taxes, but the inability to "resettle" the populations to new colonies I want to grow (which have decent quality). Anyone else experiencing similar issues/ know a way around this?

Thank you
Uncle Lumpy

RE: Civilian Passenger ship transportation issue

Post by Uncle Lumpy »

Hi Korashy, In the Empire Policy screen there is a box to check to allow tourism (or not). And settings for High, Medium, and Low levels of. I haven't been playing DWU long enough to say how or if this works in your situation. I recall reading in the forums of another player turning off Tourism to force Passenger ships to transport emigrants. Maybe a Low setting would allow both Tourism and emigration. If you experiment, please let us know what you discover. Good luck!
I once heard there was a garage, which some said was air tight.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”