Windows 10 Font Issue

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

pzgndr

Windows 10 Font Issue

Post by pzgndr »

FYI, I have been running the Windows 10 technical preview. There was an EiA issue with some of the default screen text appearing too large. Marshall indicated that the code is looking for Quixley LET font. So I downloaded and installed that font (attached below) into the \Windows\Fonts directory and now EiA runs fine in WinXP compatibility mode.
Attachments
QuixleyLET.zip
(23.51 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
claymore58

RE: Windows 10 Font Issue

Post by claymore58 »

Just did a test run on my Win 10 desktop. No problems running in Win 7 compatibility mode. No font changes required.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Bump. Some players are experiencing font issues with the v1.23.08 remaster installer. Likely not the installer itself, but the old uninstaller may be removing the Quixley font. Just download it again and install it to C:\Windows\Fonts. If anything else is affecting font displays, let me know and I'll investigate.
Bill Macon
hapshott

Post by hapshott »

Hello,

I tried to use the new installer. But after that I got the large sized fonts. I copied the Quixley font in the c:\windows\fonts folder. After that I did a reboot. But still I had the large font. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I tried it two times.

I returned to the old version with the patch and after that the normal fonts size returned. So it is no problem for me anymore.

Best regards,

Hapshott
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: hapshott
After that I did a reboot. But still I had the large font. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I tried it two times.

Very odd. The remastered installer uses the same game files as the old version with patch. A reboot should have worked. Did you extract (unzip) the Quixley fonts or just copy the zip file into C:\windows\fonts? That's the only thing I can think of that might be an issue.

I assume you are running Win10? If you have Win11, that might be a new issue. If Quixley continues to problematic with some players, I'll take a look at trying other default fonts that may work just as well. But I'd like to understand the problem first before I try fixing anything.
Bill Macon
hapshott

Post by hapshott »

Hello Pzgndr,

I did a new install. But still the fonts are large. I double checked fonts folder of windows. Here the Quixley was still in. Even afer the uninstall.

I'm pretty handy with computers. So I'm sure that I did everthing as described above.

The system I installed it on is:
windows 10: 21H1 - Build: 19043.1288 - Feature Experience Pack: 120.2212.3920.0
i7
geforce GTX1060

Empire in arms is installed in d:\spellen\Empires in Arms

I didn't install it in the default folder

Return to “Tech Support”