Pelton(Axis) vs S2_Tanker Axis Victory Resigned

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Peltonx

RE: Pelton vs S2_Tanker invasion 9 and 10!

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: meklore61

My opinion. 9th Army starts coming in in late Sept. I'd shove every division you get from now on onto the Le Havre beach head and hammer his ground forces with air. My problem is that I let the score get higher than I normally do. When we started this game I was still trying to balance out my air strategy, and if we had to start over now, the score would be a lot closer to zero. Balancing the air war needs, with the ground attack needs is where I'm having the most trouble. You need bombing points till your city points catch up and you can afford to take some casualties, but I learned this a little too late.

I'm not sure how many casualties you've caused the axis forces to this point, but it can't be a great deal. If he's not close to a million casualties by now, then his manpower is probably not in that bad a shape. You have him spread out, now just concentrate on one place and you'll have some maneuver room.

In the South he is bottled up on Northeastern Italy, Gustov Line is holding and Southern France hes bottled up with just 1 TP. I have all the ports garrisoned and have a 3 panzer divisions in reserve and am starting to get more new units.

Attachments
south.jpg
south.jpg (282.66 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

In Denmark he has tempo ports but his supply is poor as his CV drop and take several turns to recover.

I had to send back 3 PD/GD and send 3 new infantry divisions.

The new front has 3 hexes covered by a river and with 6 PD/GD in reserve it be solid again.

be 1 more turn getting it set up, any new +5 CV infantry unit will be sent here.

Attachments
North.jpg
North.jpg (206.45 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Le Havre beachhead is a blood bath and its been raining. He managed to take Dieppe but I took it back the following turn when more PD/GD arrived.

Several hexes change hands every turn, I keep racking up 20+ negative VPs per turn.

I know at some point things will fall apart but I want to hang on as long as possible. October would be great.

Attachments
center.jpg
center.jpg (333.3 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Do you have many bombers left, or have you disbanded them already? With some naval patrol over his beaches you could probably close them since allied naval in those hexes is weak. Your getting those good counter attacks because there's not much ground interdiction on your units. I see some weak railway interdiction, but the ground has almost none. I imagine it's a nightmare for the allies to make AD for 8 separate invasion sites, not to mention not having enough air craft for all the missions nor enough AD's to cover everything.

All those panzer units just sitting there asking to be Typhooned and Hurricained! Out in the open, close to England, crowded in a few hexes. You have to concentrate when you attack, and expose those panzer units to allied FB.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: meklore61

Do you have many bombers left, or have you disbanded them already?

I only disband them when they are not use full and they still are use full!

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

Pelton, I apologize for not being a more worthy opponent of the all-seeing eye. Your use of Axis air power to sink troop and cargo ships was excellent -- and certainly better than the AI I had grown used to playing during beta testing. I'll keep slogging on for your entertainment, but, I'd much rather try a rematch!
Know the enemy and yourself...
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Very fun to say the least.

I am going to play these games out and then just keep 1 WitW and 3 WitE going at a time.

Probably play L-sky next - WitW

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: chuckdevore

Pelton, I apologize for not being a more worthy opponent of the all-seeing eye. Your use of Axis air power to sink troop and cargo ships was excellent -- and certainly better than the AI I had grown used to playing during beta testing. I'll keep slogging on for your entertainment, but, I'd much rather try a rematch!

Feel free to resign as its basicly over and no need to waste our time.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Thanks for game.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “After Action Reports”