Non-rocket artillery divisions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

PhilThomas

Non-rocket artillery divisions

Post by PhilThomas »

Is there any point in building them, given that rocket divisions cost the same and have more firepower?
"Everybody knows the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost."
--Leonard Cohen
loki100

RE: Non-rocket artillery divisions

Post by loki100 »

short answer - yes. More complex answer, dig around into the TOEs and supply consumption rates etc (if you can find it look at Morvael's excellent spreadsheet summaries). Rocket divisions will burn supply and trucks much more than artillery, you need a balance. Must admit I tend just to build rocket brigades to supplement the artillery divisions.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Also, some kinds of artillery have bonus to fort destruction, whereas rocket artillery do not.
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

I think gun tube artillery would be stronger in defensive positions, to include forts as well as use in a direct fire mode, where as I don't think rockets would be easy to use in such a way (I could be wrong). Is this represented in game in any way?
- Mark

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”