Effects of DaBabes Changes to Aircraft Stats

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

paradigmblue

Effects of DaBabes Changes to Aircraft Stats

Post by paradigmblue »

It's been suggested to me to change the air values in Focus Pacific to more closely reflect the air values in DaBabes.

Before doing so, I was wondering what the short term and long term effects on air combat are from doing so.

For those of you that have been playing the DaBabes scenario, how do the air changes affect game balance? What are the net effects of the changes? Are the changes a result of just tweaks to the maneuver values for each air frame, or are there tweaks to the effectiveness of aircraft cannon/MG devices as well?

I want to make sure that I'm making an informed decision that makes sense for Focus Pacific.

Thank you for your help!
Symon

RE: Effects of DaBabes Changes to Aircraft Stats

Post by Symon »

The Babes air changes are speed, maneuver, climb, tweaks to certain aircraft. The changes were made simply to put aircraft data on a more self-consistent basis. It avoids data cherry-picking (rate this plane with WEP, rate that plane without), by using actual evaluation data from the same source (as much as possible) and calculating every data field using the identical algorithm on the identical test parameter data. It’s not significantly different, just smoother.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Lowpe

RE: Effects of DaBabes Changes to Aircraft Stats

Post by Lowpe »

An enhancement to Focus Pacific...not really sure it benefits one side or the other.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”