Torpedo seekers active from launch??

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wild_Willie2

Torpedo seekers active from launch??

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Hi there,

After playing around with subs, I am wondering why torpedo seekers go active strait from their launch, thus giving away their presence?

IRL, a sub can guide a torpedo to its target by using guidance wires and only have them go active once they are very close to the target.

W.

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Dimitris

RE: Torpedo seekers active from launch??

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

Is this happening consistently on every scenario, or a specific one? Can you post an example save (pre-fire)?

Thanks.
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Never mind, I thought that the green sonar cone in front of torpedo's meant that they where active. But after looking at the sensor status it stated that their sonar was inactive instead....

My bad.

W.
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
zaytsev

Post by zaytsev »

Yeah , btw...

May I humbly suggest that we vote for a change of color of active / passive sonar circle/cone.
Eg. passive stays green and when gone active changes to yellow/orange/pink/... any color just not green.

I've been fooled many times by this and I guess I'm not only one..

So.. yes.

Please?

Cheers :D

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”