Atavars

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

mmarquo

Atavars

Post by mmarquo »

Curious as to what people's Atavars mean. I will play a game as the Soviet set to "easy" for the Axis and "impossible" for the Soviet if anyone guesses mine.

Marquo [:)]
Ketza

RE: Atavars

Post by Ketza »

You are related to the American. The picture was taken along near the Elbe river in 1945.

My Avatar is related to my online gaming experience. I was a player killer in both Ultima Online and Asherons Call.

My game name was Aztek which was spelled with a K because there was a player killer hunter named Aztec. For this forum I chose Ketza because it is Aztek spelled backwards.

I also had a character named Captain Dasha in Asherons call. Before I quit the game and gave away the character I was one killing machine :)

http://pk.trophyhunteronline.com/player ... r=Darktide
morvael

Post by morvael »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_1 ... te_Brigade

This is a counter from V for Victory, one of my favorite games. Besides, it shows my nationality.
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Mine is borrowed from Atomic Games' D-Day: America Invades! It was used as the victory image for the Axis. A rare sight [:)]
Gunnulf

Post by Gunnulf »

ORIGINAL: Marquo

Curious as to what people's Atavars mean. I will play a game as the Soviet set to "easy" for the Axis and "impossible" for the Soviet if anyone guesses mine.

Marquo [:)]

Half of the 1940s USO show Village People tour? Construction worker and the Cop. The native american chief is off with the 82nd Airborne troupe's [sic] & the cowboy is off entertaining Patton's army.
Just a wild guess :)
"Stay low, move fast"
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

Great idea for a thread Marquo! Mine is Vasily Chuikov (center) - ever since I read A. Beevor's book Stalingrad I've found him very interesting (although I don't think I would have wanted to serve under him as he liked to punch his subordinates).
Disgruntled Veteran

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

Take a wild guess!
Truppenstab

Post by Truppenstab »

Mine is because I'm an Axis player, and I have an eye injury from my military service.

Also I think that German Officer looks really cool, just like me. [:D]
Balou

Post by Balou »

to cosy my enemy along ...
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
terje439

Post by terje439 »

<- Norwegian naval counter from the developing Matrixgames World In Flames

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
stewartbragg

Post by stewartbragg »

Where I work!
HOI3 & AACW2 Beta Tester
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

<- That's not an avatar. That is me! Although, heavily photoshopped by my younger brother :-)
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

<- from the online comic "Scary Go Round".
--
Del
Navodchik

Post by Navodchik »

I've said this elsewhere, but mine is Finnish general of artillery Vilho Petter Nenonen, the 'father' of Finnish artillery. 'Navodchik' is somewhat wrong translitteration of Russian word and it means (if I'm right) the guy who aims the gun in artillery. That was my job in Finnish coastal artillery during national military service in late nineties. In basic training we used for some reason the famous German 88mm Flak (instead using more common Soviet 76mm gun), and I'm proud to say that I have been in gun crew which had the opportunity to use this old but still reliable and legendary gun in shooting exercises.
BadElvin

Post by BadElvin »

Elvin Cartman from "Southpark"
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

This, like terje439's above, is taken from Matrix World In Flames. HMS Warspite was chosen because she was the most beautiful battleship that ever took to the water and had a combat record that was second to none [&o]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Except in my games [:)]
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Mines a picture of the invisible man.
Eambar

Post by Eambar »

Mine is a likeness of the well known photo of Aleksey Gordeyevich Yeremenko, rallying his men for an attack on July 12, 1942.

The likeness is painted on a factory wall beside the Trans-Siberian railway tracks. I took the photo while travelling the Trans-Siberian in 2008.

Cheers,&#8232;&#8232;
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Mine is a Matrix World In Flames counter of a Dornier DO-335 I did want the Manstein counter (for obvious reasons) but someone had already taken it.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”