Resolution issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

pchandler43

Resolution issue

Post by pchandler43 »

I'm running the desktop at 1366 by 768 and I cannot get the button labels or the map, or anything else to line up properly, it's making the game completely unplayable as I cannot click on anything. Any ideas on a fix?
Gil R.

RE: Resolution issue

Post by Gil R. »

I know just what you mean, since my own laptop does the same thing. Eric was finally able to figure out some sort of fix for those of us unable to play at that resolution, which is in the first patch. Have you installed that?

You can also manually set your resolution to 1024 x ??? before playing, and that should work. That is, if you installed the patch but still have the problem.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

temp fix is alter the res for now, as there are more than a few 1366 by 768 types, not all have been fixed, since not all are actually 1366 by 768 and vary by a pixel or 2 either way it seems, so is a hardware and not software issue so hasn't been the easiest to fix, but has been noted and tried already, so alter for now so at least you can play, then as soon as another patch has been rolled out it will be sorted hopefully...

what's your operating system btw?

and laptop screen is it? as most size monitors wouldn't be that size / res...

seems again Gil beat me to it, so go with his advice as his is better
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

if you haven't (and don't want ) to download and install the 1.02 Beta patch, the best solution is to temporarily set your desktop resolution to 1360 x 768. The difference is hardly noticeable for your desktop, and BaB is supported at that resolution out of the box.

But I would recommend just installing the 1.02 beta, it appears to be pretty good and has some other fixes that are pretty nice.

Thanks
Rick
elrond petit pas tapons

Post by elrond petit pas tapons »

Hi...
For me it's another bug. I can't play in full screen... Sorry i can't post any screen... To young on this forum. And 1.02 and 1.03 don't change anything...
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Would you mind posting your DxDiag report? Do you have any unusual system configurations, such as multiple monitors or running on a PC emulator in a Mac computer, or similar?

Return to “Tech Support”